01-08-2010, 22:23
|
#5
|
|
Quiet Professional
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Center of the Universe, NC
Posts: 652
|
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionMaster
Hello all, as I mentioned through my introduction I am a civilian considering an 18x. I read the sticky talking about how Facebook and Myspaces' should be deleted, but me being a previous college student had pictures associated with my name that had been accessible to the public. I have deleted all those pictures, but they still exist in many archives as do personal information associated with my name, I read the whole sticky and saw I can get rid of some of that information, but it is very difficult, possibly even impossible to make some of that information invisible to everyone.
I was wondering what you QPs think of a legal name change before enlisting in the Army? Of course I'm sure I'll have to provide my birth name with a couple things such as medical, security clearance, and possibly other forms, but on the record I would be known as my new legal name. Do you guys think this would cause more headaches than being a good thing? Just want to hear your thoughts on this idea. Thank you very much in advance for your help.
-PreviousMaster
|
It's pointless and counterproductive. Self-inflicted drama when you eventually get processed for an initial TS/SSBI clearance.
|
|
Mr Furious is offline
|
|