Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior-Mentor
I refuse to accept the FOOLISH premise of this article.
Gelb gets much right in the article [highlighted in orange], but then follows with non sequiters [highlighted in pink and brown.]
We can and MUST do what is necessary to protect ourselves and stop the insanity.
Only Muslims Can Stop Muslim Terror
by Leslie H. Gelb
January 7, 2010
....President Obama got somewhat more specific in his press appearance Thursday regarding the Christmas bombing attempt. He said that the United States was “at war against al Qaeda.” Indeed, we are, and al Qaeda is surely the main Muslim terrorist organization we are fighting. But it is not the only one. Many of the Muslim terrorist groups around the world are their own bosses, particularly in Asia and also in the Middle East. Nonetheless, he still avoided the Muslim nature of the problem.
|
WM, Agree with your statement about each of us doing what is necessary to stop the insanity...still a little stuck on what to do at the individual level, although reading/learning is a good start and I appreciate all of your posts here.
I had also noticed BHO specifically said "al Qaeda" when speaking of the threat at hand vs saying "all muslim extremists" or something to that effect. Time will tell how extensive Nidal Hassan's connections were to Yemen or al Qaeda et al, but meanwhile are we to believe there aren't other Hassan's out there simply because they are not al Qaeda? Seems like a ridiculous theory.
While I continue to formulate my actions at the individual level, I wish our President would put aside some political correctness and use more accurate wording when he addresses us.