View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 09:11   #14
afchic
Area Commander
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: IL
Posts: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_123 View Post
While on orders doing escort duty in my Class A's...TSA at Washington Dulles had me take off my boots, ditch my Class A jacket etc. and get wanded to get through security to get to the gate to meet the plane.

How does that make any sense?
It does make sense. How hard is it for anyone who wants one, to either go to a Military Surplus Store and purchase a uniform, or buy one off the internet.

Just because we travel in uniform does not mean we should be exempt from the additional screening. I used to furious about this as well until I understood how tickets are purchased for TDYs. The manner and means in which they are purchased signals to the TSA that we have met some of the criteria for "additional" searches.

If it wasn't done, and someone did get through screening just because they were wearing a uniform, we would all feel like shit for complaining about it here.

I get tagged for additional screening every time I go through an airport, regardless of whether it is for work or pleasure. Maybe it is my underwire bra, maybe it is the hairpins I wear in my hair when I am in uniform, maybe it is the steel toe reinforcement in my boots, who knows, but it takes an extra 5 minutes, and is no skin off my nose.

I think all TSA screening is bullshit anyway, you wouldn't believe the things I have forgotten in my carry on luggage that has made it through. It is a opium for the masses so they feel safe flying. I never feel safe flying anymore, at anytime, because I know what a joke TSA is. But it is something that has to be done in this day an age.

An extra 5 minutes of my time isn't hurting anyone, especially me.
afchic is offline   Reply With Quote