Thread: obama Czars
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 21:13   #33
Defender968
SF Candidate
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SC
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
Yeah, another fox guarding the hen house.
Gypsy, I'm the first one to call a guy a dirtbag should the shoe fit, and this guy definitely did not handle the situation well, but personally while I hate the ideas of czars, this to me looks a little like a bit of a witch hunt. The guy made a mistake 20 years ago when he was young. If he was the guy sleeping with the 15 year old, then by all means I've got it and would say hang him, but this guy, who IIRC was a young/new teacher tried to counsel a troubled teen who was knowingly and willingly involved in dangerous activity. Should he have taken it farther than just trying to help the kid himself, absolutely he should have, but this to me sounds like an error in judgment rather than a character flaw. I know when I was in my early 20's I tried to help allot of people, and sometimes I bit off more than I could chew and at the time I didn't have the wisdom to know where and when to go for the help I needed to help those around me. One of my coaches in soccer would call this an error of enthusiasm, he wasn't trying to do the wrong thing, just made a mistake in trying to do the right thing.

Again I'm all for going full bore and both barrels against dirtbags, but if we get caught up going after everyone with any mistake in their past I think we weaken at least the appearance of our convictions and it makes us all (conservatives) look like we're just out to burn everyone to the ground. Just something to think about.

Just my .02 as I know I've made more than my fair share of errors of enthusiasm.
Defender968 is offline   Reply With Quote