View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 14:24   #2
echoes
Area Commander
 
echoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: OK. Thanking Our Brave Soldiers
Posts: 3,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
California Father Refuses to Take Down Tattered U.S. Flag

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

"I made a promise to him that it won't come down until he's home," Haros told FOXNews.com on Tuesday. "Well, it's still there. I feel if I bring it down and something happens to him … I don't know."

Paul Haros is already back on U.S. soil after his second tour in Iraq. He and his dad spoke yesterday when he landed in Wisconsin to undergo medical checks and to relinquish his weapons. But Louis Haros says the flag won't come down until Paul returns to Fresno.

"I told him this flag protected me in Vietnam and I will see that it protects you," said Haros, a former master sergeant in the U.S. Army. "In a normal situation, I would've brought it down a long time ago."
Pete Sir,

What a great story! Honestly. There is a house here in my AO that has flown the same P.O.W. & American Flag on its lawn since I was a kid. I left home for almost ten years, and when I came back, they were still there. I still drive by it all the time, and am in awe.

That is 20+ years, and keep telling myself I should stop, and walk to the door and just say Thank You. But always I am thinking that it would not be appropriate...

???

Holly
echoes is offline   Reply With Quote