View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 20:32   #126
incommin
Quiet Professional
 
incommin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: South Georiga
Posts: 797
alright4u, all I know is I arrived at Ban Me Thuot in Sept 1968. My orders read SOA (CCS). The Omega sign was down and leaning against a wall near the supply shed. I attended a course called the Recon Team Leaders Course at the RECONDO school. And by 11 November I was running with SFC Ellis as my One Zero on RT Nail. I do not remember a LT Curtis. I remember Harrison and a bull dog of a Major (who's name escapes me for the moment). I do not remember any drills or training around the camp except for the immediate action drills individual teams practiced.

I remember Hughes and Franks and several others who ran recon. I too do not remember any recon team running a local recon or patrol. The LLDB ran a few. And some of the security people ran a few. I only remember the recon teams working across or near border operations.

I did not mean to jerk your chain or start a food fight. If you say I was assigned to Omega when I arrived in Sept 69, I'll say, whatever......
__________________
Breaking a law or violation of a regulation is not a mistake. It is willful misconduct.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." [Samuel Adams]


Jim

Last edited by incommin; 10-07-2008 at 11:28.
incommin is offline   Reply With Quote