[QUOTE=incommin;228149]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alright4u
The man who stated we had no one zero school in 68 is also accurate for Omega and even early CCS until about March or April of 69.
I do not understand this statement. I went through the One-Zero course, called the Recon Team Leader Course, in Nov 68 after being assigned to CCS. And there were individuals on teams that had been through the course before me because I received a run down on the course and told what to expect from members on other teams.
|
Fact: We had no CCS in Nov 68.
Fact: MSG Bull D,. was recon platoon leader until -8/16/68. He went to Nhon Co a Team Daddy.
Fact: 1LT Curtis, a prior SFC Ranger School Mountain instructor took over recon on 08/16/68. Curtis made Recon train on rigs and ladders south of camp.
Fact: Next came another friend, Harrison.. He was on the ground with Hughes and Franks in T-51 when Flemming was put in for CMH 26 Nov 68 or so.
Fact: Recon had no one zero school unless one calls rope ladder and rig training a school or went to MACV Recondo or went out with a senior NCO 10 in 68.
Fact: Ortman comes to CCS from Sigma. Gets hit with bullet in WP grenade and gets burned badly.
Fact: I never saw recon run a single local OP in mid 68 to late 68 from June 68 to 12/31.68..
Perhaps, I was asleep.