View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 19:15   #2
Philkilla
SF Candidate
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: AK
Posts: 81
I blame it on MTV.


Honestly, it's more a sign of the times than anything. With so many sources and outlets glamorizing violence, crime, rudeness, disrespect and the like, it's difficult not to immerse or culture yourself like that; unless of course, you are able to determine between right and wrong - good and bad.

You could just imagine a youngster that looks to his left and right, and sees it from his friends, sees it on the TV...they don't know anybetter.

I'm not really surprised anymore when I hear or read of a high-tier official that has slandered someone inappropriately, or is banging pro's with an "outside" source of income, or when the mass media is more focused on a pop-star than what is important in this world.

Being PC covers more ground than anyone could probably type whilst sitting comfortably.

Red Flag, the points you covered are probably vast considering your background and experience. In my twenty-four years I've witnessed what I would call an evolution and a de-evolution of society at large.
Philkilla is offline   Reply With Quote