View Single Post
Old 04-26-2004, 11:29   #14
QRQ 30
Quiet Professional
 
QRQ 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Williamston, SC
Posts: 2,018
1. Ali didn't run. He stayed here and fought for what he believed and he accepted what he got.

Kerrt: I have scars on my right arm and hand from frags received at Khe Sahn that are probably worse than any Kerry received. The S-1 at FOB-3 wanted everyone who was treated in the dispensary put in for Purple Hearts. I declined since my wounds were from the new M-33 grenade and at that time only the good guys had them. I was embarrassed. I once had a room mate who said that the PH was an indication that one fell asleep in basic training. (of course in just jokong). I believe Kerry had a political agenda perhaps before ever entering the Navy. He knew that three PH medals were a ticket home. As for the other medals, maybe or maybe not. I had a "strap-hanger" along once on a recon mission. They did that to give staff personnel a taste of what it was like. We made contact and when we returned I was asked to write the Lt. up for an award. I asked what I should write and they said to just write down what happened. I did!! I wrote that the Lt hid behind a tree at the first burst of fire and didn't move until the fight was over. I don't think he got his medal but I got an express ticket to Khe Sahn.
__________________
Whale

Pain and suffering are inevitable,
misery is optional.

http://tadahling.com/memoriesofaspecialforcessoldier/
QRQ 30 is offline   Reply With Quote