View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 08:06   #1815
The Reaper
Quiet Professional
 
The Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Free Pineland
Posts: 24,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtytoy
I just wanted to post an intro and say thank you for letting me join your board. I have ran through every topic on here that I can find. Very Very use full board thank you for your fine work attn to detail and most of all your SERVICE to this wonderful country.

I'm 24, When I was 18 I tried to join the Navy to try out for SEALs. I was unsuccessful in doing so because I was DQ from MEPS with a 3 in hearing. Wait do you here something? Oh no I cant never mind I was very disheartened and decided to pursue a normal civilian career So now I work for WA fish and Wildlife. Good job, good pay, good career, boring, trivial, and I feel like a sheep.

I have decided to look into the ARMY SF, I think that I should have looked into this in the first place because you guys are a better fit for me than SEALs anyhow, I work very well with people and have a very low temper. I believe that with hard work I would be able to get through training and provide a great service to my country and bring honor to my family.

The only tick is getting through the hearing test at MEPS. I have the local recruiter pulling my records from the navy, and I will be going up to Ft Lewis one of these Wednesdays to listen in on a SF recruitment. I still need to fully come to a conclusion on whether I should go through with this if possible, but I feel the answer will come to me when I am ready.

Sorry for the long wind. keep up the good work and Stay safe, because I may need some guidance from you guys soon.
Unless you have found a way to improve your hearing without electronic or mechanical assistance, your 3 on the PULHES will DQ you for SF as well.

We cannot take a guy who cannot hear well. Not fair to you or your teammates.

I think a lot of people with significant physical limitations want to be SF without considering the impact on their potential teammates. Admirable goal, but ultimately selfish and dangerous.

TR
__________________
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline