View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 19:02   #1567
Jack Moroney (RIP)
Quiet Professional
 
Jack Moroney (RIP)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vermont
Posts: 3,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilbert3204
Hi Im Dilbert. I am a senior at the University of Dayton, and have recently become serious about joining the Army to pay off my student loans, and to pay for my PhD. I am very thankful for this site, and the information here.

Welcome aboard Dilbert. Glad to see that you are not joining the Army for any of those trite reasons such as patriotism, desire to serve your country, or a commitment to something higher than self. But if you really want to just be a mercenary you might look to some of the private contracting organizations that pay a lot more than you are going to make in the Army. At any rate, if you do join the Army, I wish you well.
__________________
Wenn einer von uns fallen sollt, der Andere steht für zwei.
Jack Moroney (RIP) is offline