View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 20:21   #1558
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional
 
NousDefionsDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: LA
Posts: 1,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by james13f
x_sf_med -

I'm sorry if I came across that way, it was certainly not my intention. I take my responsibilities as a soldier and a NCO very seriously.

I appreciate your input, and my indecisiveness is exactly what I'm trying to overcome. I simply see so many paths available to me, and they each have their appeal. I have no intent for glory seeking... and have never thought of SF in that way. It would simply be a way to serve with some of the best. Each path would be a way to serve with the best, the Warrant Corps and the technical proficiency, Civil Affairs with it's relation to the civilian occupations, and it's different mission, and SF with it's tactical proficiency. They each have such different missions, which is why I'm having trouble deciding between the paths.

Again, I'm sorry if I came across offensive in any way. I do appreciate your input.
You don't have a clue. Hush.
__________________
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline