View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 18:26   #1556
x SF med
Quiet Professional
 
x SF med's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In transit somewhere
Posts: 4,044
James-
If, after 5 years in the NG, you cannot decide what you want to do, you need to sit down - immediately - and figure it out. I'm sorry to say, but it does not sound as though you are ready for SF. You admit to being lazy, unfocused and indecisive , 1+1+1= dead, or dead Teammate. SF is not a ticket punch nor is it a glory game - it's a way of life, a serious undertaking, and a commitment to put your Team above everything else in your life.

Even in the NG, you do not "play at being" an NCO, ever, you are the backbone of the Army - get into PLDC and learn your responsibilities as an NCO, SF is not for people who want to play, it is for serious soldiers who believe in what they are doing, and are the best at what they do.

I suggest you go for the 130A Warrant course, or just renlist in your current 13F NG track, my Brothers in SF will be much safer.

I don't care if you think this is harsh, it's the truth, ask any other QP on this site, and they'll tell you exactly the same thing.

Grow up SGT, you are no longer a teenager, you are an NCO and the young men you lead depend on you.
__________________
In the business of war, there is no invariable stategic advantage (shih) which can be relied upon at all times.
Sun-Tzu, "The Art of Warfare"

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline