Thread: Checklists
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2006, 20:06   #6
Pete
Quiet Professional
 
Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Fayetteville
Posts: 13,080
Not a check list but

Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
Anybody got any good checklists they want to share?
This is not a check list but I continue to work on the female drivers in the family. I try and teach them to look at the vehicle as they walk up to it.

Flight crews have detailed pre-flight checks. Professional/Military Drivers pull pre and post operator checks but for some reason the average female driver can walk up to a car and get in it without ever looking at it.

I tell the females "LOOK at the car as you walk up to it". Do the tires look to be inflated the same? Anything leaking from under the car other than condensed water from under the A/C? Dents/Dings that you didn't notice before? Grease splattered up inside the wheel wells and edges of the car? Window glass, all there?

This is all after the "Scan the parking lot as you step out of the store." Groups of people, how many and where, do they look out of place, which direction are they walking, coming your way?

I'm afraid I'm pushing a big log up a steep hill.

Pete
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote