View Single Post
Old 04-22-2006, 15:34   #714
Land Shark
SF Candidate
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: TX
Posts: 9
Getting Closer

After 2 years of struggling, I've made it back in. I've joined the Colorado National Guard. I was able to prove that I didn't have asthma, but I still couldn't contract for Airborne (or SF) because of a Lasik waiver. It baffles me that forward operating soldiers like Airborne and SF are at the top of the list to get Lasik from the military, but if you had Lasik from one of the top civilian surgeons then you can't contract for Airborne.

I go back to complete AIT in June. Once I complete AIT, I hope to transfer to a REC for 19th Group. I absolutely don't like not having things in a contract, but I reached a point where I could either trust that God would continue to carry me on this path or I could take my toys and go home.

I have been soaking up information from this list for months now. This has been a wonderful asset for knowledge and motivation.

Thank you,

Land Shark
__________________
Sometimes a teacher, but ALWAYS a student.
Land Shark is offline