View Single Post
Old 03-30-2006, 00:49   #554
WannabeSF
Asset
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 6
Intro ...

First, thanks for your service to our great nation!

Just registered after lurking for a few days & IAW the ROE this is my story as best as I can recollect.

AD Marine from '77-'84 (6yrs9mo12da) with an office pogue MOS, Supply Admin. But a very fit pogue! Very high to perfect scores on the PFT. Also, served as a Marine Security Guard in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania & Paris, France respectively from '80-'83 (2.5 yrs). E-6 in 6yrs3mo~19da.

ALSO, was assigned to Special Services (uh-oh ... I sense the poseur alert antennae activating) ... (To Be Contd) ...


(with bated breath or is it bait on my breath, can't remember which)


... the Marine Corps version of Recreational Services (had you going, admit it). And this just after Supply Admin school where we had received a speech on how critical the MOS was (true for the duration of my service) & where do I do my Special Services duty? None other than the Marine Corps Logistics Supply Base in Barstow, CA. All I can say is: Mine is not to wonder why ...

Got out to take advantage of old GI Bill bennies before their expiration in '90. Just barely managed to get my degree in Computer Engineering by '90. Sorry to burst your collective bubbles, but I don't qualify as a "Smart College F**k" on account of my extremely loooow GPA. In other words, don't ask me to enginemineer nothing! Since I was on a educational roll of sorts, I decided to continue my edumication in the Software Engineering Masters program at the nearly local mental institution but only managed 24 credit hours before quitting (yeah, I know already, NEVER QUIT). From there, it's been all downhill (just kidding).

I'm now considering re-entering the military, the AD Army specifically. Have gone so far as paying a visit to the local MEPS on 20060320/21 where I re-took the ASVAB (guess my scores from 20 yrs ago weren't good enuf) & once again proved how great a standardized test-taker I am, scoring 95 out of 99 for the AFQT (or whatever it's called) & mostly over 130 in the various test sections. Also managed a 111121 rating on the physical.

I'm SCUBA certified (but prefer free diving); have held TOP SECRET & SECRET security clearances; fractions of an hour short of my private pilots license (this was back in '80); into ATB'ing; camping (too cheap to do otherwise); & have had a life-long interest in nutrition & physical fitness. Also, used to be a pretty fast runner (PR for PFT 3 mile was 16m3?s) & have done 1/2 marathons as well as up to 14 mile runs.

Chronologically I'm 46 yo but biologically I'd put my age at about -- h'um let's see -- 30 yo. What a coincidence! That just happens to be the maximum [policy] age of acceptance into SF candidacy (yeah, I know, I'm such a dreamer)!

Single (never noosed) & no dependents.

Oh, & by the way, I was born in Tehran, Iran.
WannabeSF is offline