View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 19:13   #2
The Reaper
Quiet Professional
 
The Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Free Pineland
Posts: 24,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Harsey
You Arizona LEO's got Kurt Busch fitted for pink undies yet?
Reports say that they let him off the DUI charge because "the machine was broken".

Never seen that happen before, we always switched to the spare, transported to another facility with a functioning unit, or had the hospital take blood.

With the exception of Carl Edwards, these "Young Guns" don't impress me. I long for the days of Richard Petty, Cale Yarborough, the Allison brothers, Junior Johnson. I even remember when the young guns were Dale, Darryl, and Rusty, though I didn't like them that much back then either. I did like Bill Elliott when he was starting out. This year, I have been rooting for Mark Martin and Rusty.

Remember when some of the race car parts could actually be found on a street car?

TR
__________________
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote