Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Weapons Discussion Area (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Name that Weapon (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6337)

Bravo1-3 03-29-2005 02:35

Name that Weapon
 
1 Attachment(s)
I don't know what kind of missile this is, so I'm turning to the pro's for input.

Can anyone identify this missile (or is it a rocket like the LAW or SMAW)?

GackMan 03-29-2005 02:51

1 Attachment(s)
Javelin?

http://www.raytheon.com/products/static/node4741.html

Bravo1-3 03-29-2005 02:58

Looks like it, but the end caps are wrong, and there's only that one bulge... there's nothing in the front or back of it like on the Javelin.

GackMan 03-29-2005 03:04

man... was guessing.

I was a Dragon - pop pop pop - gunner in 1989, haven't touched a missle since. how should I know WTF that is? :confused:

Tuukka 03-29-2005 04:08

Milan

Bravo1-3 03-29-2005 04:19

Milan has a hard plastic handle and end caps are different.

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/l...ilan_cat2g.jpg

Milan 3
http://www.army-technology.com/proje...an/milan3.html

Huey14 03-29-2005 05:33

Looks like an AT-4 or an AT-7 to me. Without the mounts.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita.../at-7-pics.htm

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita.../at-4-pics.htm

Tuukka 03-29-2005 10:33

The yellow markings just caught my eye, as in this Milan.

http://www.defense.gouv.fr/portal_re..._image/getData

Are that type of markings also used in the old Soviet Bloc AT-missiles?

Huey14 03-29-2005 20:10

Not sure, I can only find photos from good, socialist made cameras.

Air.177 03-30-2005 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bravo1-3


I have to agree with Tuukka on this one, the handle looks like it just straps on, entirely possible that the hard plastic one was replaced with a flexible one like in the pic. Also, the ends look pretty similar, the difference could be just in the covers. Also, Tons of folks use Milans, I would imagine they are license built in more than one place. That would account for subtle differences in styling.

Just my opinion, YMMV

Good times,
blake


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 14:38.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®