Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Soapbox (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Stunning Admission! (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5961)

NousDefionsDoc 03-06-2005 11:16

Stunning Admission!
 
Clintonista Admits Dems Rooting for Terrorists

A senior Clinton administration national security official offered a stunning admission this week, confessing during a national television interview that Democrats are secretly rooting for the Bush administration's war on terrorism to fail.

In comments largely overlooked by the mainstream press, former Clinton National Security Council member Nancy Soderberg discussed the recent outbreak of democracy in the Middle East with "Daily Show" host Jon Stewart.

"As a Democrat, you don't want anything nice to happen to the Republicans, and you don't want them to have progress," Soderberg observed, before quickly adding, "But as an American, you hope good things would happen."
However, Soderberg quickly undermined her own caveat, noting, "It's scary for Democrats, I have to say."

After noting that the U.S.'s remarkable foreign policy success followed the toppling of one of the three members of the axis of evil, Soderberg suggested again that the more success America has in defeating global terrorism, the worse it is for her party.

"Well, there's still Iran and North Korea, don't forget. There's still hope for the rest of us. ... There's always hope that this might not work."

Only OpinionJournal.com, the Washington Times and Rush Limbaugh reported the former Clinton official's outrageous remarks.

Ms. Soderberg appeared on the "Daily Show" to promote her new book, "The Superpower Myth: The Use and Misuse of American Might."

http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/?id=110006362

Doc 03-06-2005 11:42

Quote:

"Well, there's still Iran and North Korea, don't forget. There's still hope for the rest of us. ... There's always hope that this might not work."
OMG!

Quote:

Only OpinionJournal.com, the Washington Times and Rush Limbaugh reported the former Clinton official's outrageous remarks.
But of course.

Quote:

Ms. Soderberg appeared on the "Daily Show" to promote her new book, "The Superpower Myth: The Use and Misuse of American Might."
I hope she cited President's Carter and Clinton's use of the military.


Some tasty flamebait early in the day. :munchin

ghostinashell 03-06-2005 11:47

I saw this interview on the old boob-tube the other night and it always amazes me when the democrates say it is the republicans that propogate political division in this country when in actuality it is both parties that promote such a seperation. Why would the democrates want the war on terror to fail? So they can collectively say my dick is bigger than yours. Why would anyone in this country who loves this country promote the breeding of future generations of terrorists? I am sure there are better ways for the democrates to get into power than by saying well his attempt at war didn't work lets try our way. I live in New York and I constantly see these t-shirts that say Bush isn't my president; yes he is you fuckers he got elected by the majority... anyways not trying to hijack and sorry for the rant.

longrange1947 03-06-2005 13:04

That is no different then the Europeans who hope fervantly for the same thing. They keep wishing and hoping for a major massacre of Amereican forces so that they can say "See we told it would happen". Hell why do you think that the national press only writes about the American deaths as if we were being slaughtered over there with no mention of Terrorist deaths?

Cripes the Journalists and Dems go hand in hand all the time anyway. They do screw up and show their true colors once in a while though. Unforunately the sheeple of the US do not notice most of the time.

Roguish Lawyer 03-06-2005 13:17

I don't find it stunning. I find it obvious.

Gypsy 03-06-2005 17:35

I am continually disgusted by the genetic debris that comprises the liberal left.

Obviously the voting public feels the majority of the liberal left is inept and would only appease the terrorists around the globe. Screw her, the liberal left and the horses they rode in on.

jatx 03-06-2005 18:04

I love it when they wail and gnash their teeth. Give it another year at this pace, and half the Left will be crawling on all fours, eating grass and rubbing dirt in their hair on the way to the next Pity Party a/k/a Democratic National Convention. :D

CRad 03-07-2005 00:55

It was the "Daily Show" host Jon Stewart. How serious are we supposed to take what comes from a comedy show? Do we expect the same level of answer that we'd get from Meet the Press or Face the Nation.

I don't think much of what she said but never the less it was on Comedy Central.

Bravo1-3 03-07-2005 01:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRad
It was the "Daily Show" host Jon Stewart. How serious are we supposed to take what comes from a comedy show? Do we expect the same level of answer that we'd get from Meet the Press or Face the Nation.

I don't think much of what she said but never the less it was on Comedy Central.

I don't care if she was talking in her sleep to her pillow. She said it on national TV, on a show that has a larger audience than Meet the Press or Face the Nation no less.

CRad 03-07-2005 01:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bravo1-3
I don't care if she was talking in her sleep to her pillow. She said it on national TV, on a show that has a larger audience than Meet the Press or Face the Nation no less.

So you think the context of the show and the network that aired it should have nothing to do with her answer or that the context doesn't matter and a person should always be aware of the fact that their statements are made public?

Bravo1-3 03-07-2005 01:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRad
So you think the context of the show and the network that aired it should have nothing to do with her answer or that the context doesn't matter and a person should always be aware of the fact that their statements are made public?

I think a public personality, who is pushing a book based on her credibility and political ideology would probably do well to consider what they are saying whenever they are speaking in a room with more than one person in it. It goes without saying that she should probably have considered that before going on television.

It's one thing when Jon Stewart calls Tucker Carlson a dick. It's another thing entirely when they say something that is effectively "I hope that the North Koreans start a war" or "I hope the Iranians nuke Haifa before 2008". Context of the show be damned.

FWIW, I didn't find much humor in the Presidents statements at the National PRess Club Dinner re: "Nope, no WMD under here" either.

NousDefionsDoc 03-07-2005 07:38

I don't care if she was wearing a clown suit on the Red Skelton Show. She's a former member of the National Security Council, the subject was the currrent conflict (which is still going on) and there are troops in the field. And personally, I believe there is much more truth to that statement than most people want to admit. A lot of these are the same generation that went and sat on AA guns in Vietnam. Would she have been on that show if there wasn't a war on and she wasn't a former member of the NSC? NO!

For the record, I didn't really appreciate POTUS making jokes about WMD a while back either. For the correspondent's dinner I believe it was. When politicians start making jokes and developing a glib attitude about war the loss doesn't sting them quite as much anymore.

Personally, I think they all ought to have to take a stomach punch everytime we lose a troop - not as punishment, but rather to remind them it's not a board game or being done to further their personal careers.

Jack Moroney (RIP) 03-07-2005 08:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc

Personally, I think they all ought to have to take a stomach punch everytime we lose a troop - not as punishment, but rather to remind them it's not a board game or being done to further their personal careers.

I concur, there is no pain felt by any of these clowns. Personnally I think a gut punch is a fleeting event what we need is to be able to ratchet up something that is expodential in nature that is irritating, ever present, and self-increasing with the loss of every troop.

Jack Moroney

Roguish Lawyer 03-07-2005 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
Personally, I think they all ought to have to take a stomach punch everytime we lose a troop - not as punishment, but rather to remind them it's not a board game or being done to further their personal careers.

Yes, and you should deliver them personally.

POTUS had to make fun of the WMD issue for his own political survival. That may be an overstatement, but it's true.

Gypsy 03-07-2005 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRad
It was the "Daily Show" host Jon Stewart. How serious are we supposed to take what comes from a comedy show? Do we expect the same level of answer that we'd get from Meet the Press or Face the Nation.

I don't think much of what she said but never the less it was on Comedy Central.

No matter the venue IMHO. A subject of such magnitude is serious business and she should damn well know how her comments will be construed whether she is on a news program...or a comedy program.

I didn't like the WMD "jokes" by POTUS either. Bad taste...I actually cringed when he did them.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:51.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®