![]() |
Rudy Giuliani
So Catwoman and I heard him speak last night at a big corporate lawyers' dinner here in LA. (Got our pictures taken with him too.)
I'll tell you, I was really impressed. He's a really entertaining speaker. Funny, personable, a great political candidate in that regard. Spoke about leadership and what he learned during the aftermath of 9/11. I wish I had something to take notes with, because I thought he made some excellent points about leadership. The first one was that you have to have a set of beliefs to be a good leader. Ronald Reagan was his example in this regard. He had 5 other points, which I think may be in a book he wrote. But anyway, I thought it was a great speech. I think he will be capable of breaking down the blue-state resistance to what we need to do in this war. The question is whether his moderation on various issues will eliminate red-state support. He said during the brief Q&A session following the speech that he has not decided whether he will run for POTUS in 2008. But the way he answered the question made it pretty clear to me that he is thinking about it. I think he'd be an excellent candidate if the campaign is run the right way. Rematch of the aborted race against Hillary, but on a bigger battlefield. What do you guys think? P.S. Got a signed Reggie Bush jersey with Orange Bowl patch at the silent auction. :lifter :D |
Quote:
I think that Rudy is a great guy, probably an outstanding leader up to Gubernatorial level, but is a RINO who I would not bother to vote for as a Presidential candidate. Pro-too many wrong things, and anti-too many right issues. Just my .02. TR |
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
|
Quote:
That guy doesn't look like either one of them. TR |
Quote:
|
I'd vote for Rudy in a heartbeat.
Most of what he is known as "for" and "against" that get him labeled a "RHINO" are specifically related to New York City, and easily dealt with by simply saying that they are State or local issues (and most of them are). A few are not, but I can live with them. |
Quote:
Both are clearly anti-Second Amendment. TR |
Quote:
|
Quote:
If both parties have the same planks, I will go vote Libertarian, or another third party. And stock up on hardware and ammo. TR |
Quote:
I would NOT vote for anybody that was anti-Second Amendment! Hillary, is a joke! If they were the only choice I wouild indeed have to stay home! :mad: |
I voted libertarian when Bush Sr. ran against Clinton for reasons similar to those you have identified. I am not so sure that was the right choice in hindsight.
|
Hopefully, Rudy will change his mind, the platform will address it, or he will not be the nominee.
You think either side can afford to lose 3,000,000 votes in some very close states? TR |
Quote:
Quote:
- National Platform of the Libertarian Party, Adopted in Convention, May 2004, Atlanta, Georgia Quote:
- National Platform of the Libertarian Party, Adopted in Convention, May 2004, Atlanta, Georgia Quote:
- National Platform of the Libertarian Party, Adopted in Convention, May 2004, Atlanta, Georgia; Previous versions also cited the Reagan Doctrine. Quote:
- National Platform of the Libertarian Party, Adopted in Convention, May 2004, Atlanta, Georgia Quote:
- National Platform of the Libertarian Party, July 2, 2000 Quote:
- Libertarian Solutions; Michael Tanner on LP Web site, November 7, 2000 Quote:
- 1990 National Platform of the Libertarian Party, Adopted in Convention, September 1989, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Quote:
- Resolutions of the Libertarian National Committee, August 30, 1981And in case you thought you 7th Group guys were actually up to anything good... Quote:
- 1990 National Platform of the Libertarian Party, Adopted in Convention, September 1989, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania |
Oooooh, that was good, Dave. :D
|
But at least they avoid that hobgoblin of foolish consistency.
In 1972: "We should have a sufficient nuclear capacity to convince any potential aggressor that it cannot hope to survive a first strike against the United States. But, as our foreign commitments are reduced, and as our allies assume their share of the burden of providing a conventional war capability, we should be able to reduce the size of our conventional defense, and thus reduce the overall cost and size of our total defense establishment. " In 1996: "The potential use of nuclear weapons is the greatest threat to all the peoples of the world, not only Americans. Thus, the objective should be to reduce the risk that a nuclear war might begin and its scope if it does. We call on the U.S. government to continue negotiations toward multi-lateral reduction of nuclear armaments, to the end that all such weapons will ultimately be eliminated, under such conditions of verification as to ensure multi-lateral security." This latter position, that nuclear weapons constitute the greatest threat, which is also reflected in the 1990, 1992 and 1994 platforms, remains the LP's current stance. Terrrorism is only obliquely mentioned in the 2004 platform, conventional threats to the US are dismissed as non-existent, and human rights justifications for military intervention are completely ruled out. Gun control advocates claim that while you may have the right to self-defense, we are going to deny you the means. The Libertarian Party claims the US has the right to defend itself, but had its policy of gutting conventional forces in favor of nukes in the 1970s been followed by its policy of gutting nuclear forces in the 1990s, the US wouldn't have much left in the way of means. |
| All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:15. |
Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®