![]() |
Global Warming Study Cancelled Because of ‘Unprecedented’ Ice
Should put this in the comedy forums.......... liberals putting the "S" in stupid.
DELINGPOLE: Ship of Fools III – Global Warming Study Cancelled Because of ‘Unprecedented’ Ice JAMES DELINGPOLE13 Jun 20173,292 A global warming research study in Canada has been cancelled because of “unprecedented” thick summer ice. Naturally, the scientist in charge has blamed it on ‘climate change.’ According to Vice: The study, entitled BaySys, is a $17-million four-year-long program headed by the University of Manitoba. It was planning to conduct the third leg of its research by sending 40 scientists from five Canadian universities out into the Bay on the Canadian Research Icebreaker CCGS Amundsen to study “contributions of climate change and regulation on the Hudson Bay system.” But it had to be cancelled because the scientists’ icebreaker was required by the Canadian Coast Guard for a rather more urgent purpose – rescuing fishing boats and supply ships which had got stuck in the “unprecedented ice conditions”. “It became clear to me very quickly that these weren’t just heavy ice conditions, these were unprecedented ice conditions,” Dr. David Barber, the lead scientist on the study, told VICE. “We were finding thick multi-year sea ice floes which on level ice were five metres thick… it was much, much thicker and much, much heavier than anything you would expect at that latitude and at that time of year.” cont: http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ecedented-ice/ |
We're currently in the quietest solar cycle in 100 years. The upcoming eclipse probably won't be very exciting.
Pat |
Quote:
|
Quote:
Pat |
Quote:
I'm no astrophysicist, but that was a really, really strange day. Back in 1993 I was finishing up my undergraduate thesis. I was trolling for specific source material flipping thru a binder of sequential Time Magazine issues when I stopped at an issue from 1972 questioning another ice age. I distinctly recall thinking how it was 20+ years later and no ice age. It stuck with me. It was not long before or after I started catching the increasing environmental headlines with Al Gore. All I know is that I can't trust the media, and ever since I somehow got nuked I get regular skin cancer checks. |
I made this post in 2014 from a pic I took at the Smithsonian
http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...3&postcount=13 |
|
| All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:51. |
Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®