Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Army celebrates 75 years of the American paratrooper (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49335)

mojaveman 08-10-2015 23:32

Army celebrates 75 years of the American paratrooper
 
I wonder if any of the original volunteers are still around?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ooper/31404901

Pete 08-11-2015 05:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by mojaveman (Post 590207)
I wonder if any of the original volunteers are still around?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ooper/31404901

From the article "...Today, only one member of the test platoon, Thaddeus Selman, is still alive..."

Team Sergeant 08-11-2015 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by mojaveman (Post 590207)
I wonder if any of the original volunteers are still around?

Richard?
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
..
:D

fred111 08-13-2015 07:11

In the mid-late 70's I was assigned to the Airborne Department at Fort Benning. The Department held a dinner for the members of the Test Platoon. Quite a few attended.

They were very interesting and had a lot of really good (and some funny) stories to tell.

I only wish that I could have taped all of the stories.

Team Sergeant 08-13-2015 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by fred111 (Post 590459)
In the mid-late 70's I was assigned to the Airborne Department at Fort Benning. The Department held a dinner for the members of the Test Platoon. Quite a few attended.

They were very interesting and had a lot of really good (and some funny) stories to tell.

I only wish that I could have taped all of the stories.

I was in that area, May 1978....:munchin ;)

fred111 08-14-2015 18:26

If memory serves, in May 78 I was with Tower Branch.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 15:01.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®