Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Edged Weapons (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Spartan-George Dagger (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44801)

Les George 01-22-2014 12:57

Spartan-George Dagger
 
1 Attachment(s)
And it only took me a year to make the 2 protos! :)

MR2 01-22-2014 13:25

I could stick someone with that! Looks great.

The Reaper 01-22-2014 13:32

I see a little V42 influence there.

Beautiful!

TR

Team Sergeant 01-22-2014 13:36

That looks great!!!!! Nice work!

Les George 01-22-2014 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper (Post 538403)
I see a little V42 influence there.

Beautiful!

TR

Indeed! :)

I showed Mark and Curtis the F/S style daggers I make last year at SHOT show. Curtis immediately wanted to do a project. I always want a new project so off we went.

Couple months latter, Curtis calls me and tells me Hill Machine is gonna re run their F/S knife again, so did I even want to bother with it.

I told him, yes, but lets actually try to improve the knife instead of just follow the line at chow.

I wanted to make a progression in this family off daggers, the F/S, Marine Raider and the V42. Which gave birth to the Gerber MKII and so on. (in my mind the A/F is a different branch of the tree, but also awesome)

So I made it full tang, with the balance point between the first two finger (I think we should move it back just a little yet, but we are still working that out.)

The fuller (AKA blood groove) I added because it looks cool. Since there are not many guys actually in the neck stabbin business, I think it will work out OK.

3D machined G-10 scales that are not 100% round and then the thumb ramp on the side of the handle, are the main design changes I made.

I thought you guys would get a kick outta seeing this, I'd be interested to know what ya thought of it altogether. Thanks! :)

Barbarian 01-22-2014 14:04

I like it. The handle looks like it has plenty of detail for blind tactile reference. Nice job!

Peregrino 01-22-2014 19:48

Mark let me fondle the prototype at SHOT. Very nice work and the design features (micarta, full tang, integral guard, etc.) completed the gestalt of the piece. Overall a nice update of the classic design. Looking forward to the commercial version - as soon as Mark & Curtis get a long enough sheath! :p Would also like to see a kydex sheath which I believe the guys are considering.

Kit Carson 01-22-2014 19:52

Bout time…..:cool:

Papa Zero Three 01-22-2014 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les George (Post 538397)
And it only took me a year to make the 2 protos! :)



Les, I'm still waiting for mine. ;)

Les George 01-22-2014 20:53

I tried to meet you more than half way already.... :boohoo

Papa Zero Three 01-22-2014 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les George (Post 538464)
I tried to meet you more than half way already.... :boohoo

If you want, I can send a local contact of mine over to link up with you. :)

Les George 01-22-2014 21:33

lol, that's the last thing I need!

Stiletto11 01-23-2014 09:42

The NFL wants to know if it comes in pink.

PiterM 01-31-2014 15:40

Most awesome Les!

Snaquebite 01-31-2014 15:48

Nice! I'll just pretend it's named after me :lifter


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 21:56.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®