Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Soapbox (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Teaching is not a real job! (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3971)

NousDefionsDoc 10-20-2004 13:42

Teaching is not a real job!
 
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,136083,00.html
Mrs. Kerry Remarks on First Lady

"Well, you know, I don't know Laura Bush. But she seems to be calm, and she has a sparkle in her eye, which is good," Heinz Kerry said. "But I don't know that she's ever had a real job — I mean, since she's been grown up. So her experience and her validation comes from important things, but different things."

Guy 10-20-2004 13:50

Neither is being...
 
A Professional Soldier according to some folks. ;)

Jack Moroney (RIP) 10-20-2004 13:55

Damn doesn't this just tick me off. My daughter is a music teacher in NJ, teaches in three different schools, gets paid diddly squat and has to deal with idiots in the administration that think music teachers aren't really educators either. Fortunately she has obtained a hard streak that allows her to confront those folks like ketchup butt. She does have a serious handicap however and that is because she drives a small car she has a problem with the wheel barrow she needs to carry her tesitcals around.

Got to end this, fire alarm is going off. Wonder how I am going to get this damn wheelchair down the stairs seeing as how they shut down the elevators.


Jack Moroney

Airbornelawyer 10-20-2004 14:01

She wasn't insulting teaching. My guess is she had no idea Mrs. Bush was a teacher and librarian. She was insulting stay-at-home mothers as not having a real job.

NousDefionsDoc 10-20-2004 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Airbornelawyer
She wasn't insulting teaching. My guess is she had no idea Mrs. Bush was a teacher and librarian. She was insulting stay-at-home mothers as not having a real job.

Too easy counselor. She should do her research before taking on the First Lady - I know I would. Its not like she can't afford a research assistant. If she can not afford one, one will be appointed for her at government cost as part of her husband's campaign.

Since when is inheriting billions from a dead husband a real job?

No sir, objection overruled.

Guy 10-20-2004 14:08

Well then she is still stupid...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Airbornelawyer
She wasn't insulting teaching. My guess is she had no idea Mrs. Bush was a teacher and librarian. She was insulting stay-at-home mothers as not having a real job.

I'm at home and will never finish the tasks given to me. OCONUS here I come again! :o

The Reaper 10-20-2004 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Moroney
Got to end this, fire alarm is going off. Wonder how I am going to get this damn wheelchair down the stairs seeing as how they shut down the elevators.


Jack Moroney

Well now, if John Kerry was President, you would just get up and walk, like Christopher Reeve! :D

Just ask John Edwards.

BTW, has everyone here seen the tape of him primping, doing his hair, and checking himself with a compact?

TR

Sacamuelas 10-20-2004 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper
BTW, has everyone here seen the tape of him primping, doing his hair, and checking himself with a compact?
TR

LOL... yes I brought my entire staff in my office to watch it yesterday.

THEN later that day, I got a copy of "Political Activity for Federal employees" handed to me by my installation commander that I had to sign for upon receipt. :eek:

... let me find out who the lib is in my ranks ;) LOL

Roycroft201 10-20-2004 14:52

Quote:

She should do her research before taking on the First Lady - I know I would. Its not like she can't afford a research assistant


Actually, if she had just read a newspaper to keep abreast of current events, she would have known the background information she needed for this question. She does not have even the most rudimentary knowledge about our First Lady, and yet this is a position she would fill if her husband were to win the election (god help us all) ?

No, NDD, she doesn't need a research assistant. She needs a TEACHER . Obviously, she doesn't know how to READ !





RC201

The Reaper 10-20-2004 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roycroft201
Actually, if she had just read a newspaper to keep abreast of current events, she would have known the background information she needed for this question. She does not have even the most rudimentary knowledge about our First Lady, and yet this is a position she would fill if her husband were to win the election (god help us all) ?

No, NDD, she doesn't need a research assistant. She needs a TEACHER . Obviously, she doesn't know how to READ !

RC201


Well, I find it pretty hard to believe that either teREza H-K or Ms. Edwards have done much to help their husbands get elected.

If anything, it appears to me that their ignorant, uninformed, and flat out arrogant comments have hurt their spouses chances considerably.

TR

QRQ 30 10-20-2004 15:44

Quote:

Since when is inheriting billions from a dead husband a real job?
I would recken that depends upon how he died! :D :D

The Reaper 10-20-2004 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by QRQ 30
I would recken that depends upon how he died! :D :D

Plane crash.

Unfortunately for the rest of us, she and her future husband were not with him at the time.

TR

BMT (RIP) 10-20-2004 16:08

Teaching is not a real job!
 
Mrs. Kerry Apologizes for Saying Mrs. Bush Never Had a 'Real Job'

(CNSNews.com) - Teresa Heinz Kerry said Wednesday she misspoke by saying she didn't know if First Lady Laura Bush ever had a "real job." Heinz Kerry's comments were made in an interview with the USA Today on Wednesday when she was asked if she would be different from Mrs. Bush. "Well, you know, I don't know Laura Bush. But she seems to be calm, and she has a sparkle in her eye, which is good," Heinz Kerry said in the interview. "But I don't know that she's ever had a real job - I mean, since she's been grown up. So her experience and her validation comes from important things, but different things," she added. But in a later statement released Wednesday, Heinz Kerry said she "forgot" that Mrs. Bush had been a librarian and school teacher. "I had forgotten that Mrs. Bush had worked as a school teacher and librarian, and there couldn't be a more important job than teaching our children," Heinz Kerry said. "As someone who has been both a full time mom and full time in workforce, I know we all have valuable experiences that shape who we are. I appreciate and honor Mrs. Bush's service to the country as First Lady, and am sincerely sorry I had not remembered her important work in the past."

NousDefionsDoc 10-20-2004 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMT
Mrs. Kerry Apologizes for Saying Mrs. Bush Never Had a 'Real Job'

Well hell, that changes everything.

The Reaper 10-20-2004 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
Well hell, that changes everything.

How about if someone (Mrs. Bush and Mrs. Cheney have too much class) says that Ms. H-K never had a job either, other than marrying into money.

If they then apologized, would that be okay?

TR


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:39.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®