Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Soapbox (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   NJ's married Gov comes out of closet (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3009)

rubberneck 08-12-2004 14:35

NJ's married Gov comes out of closet
 
It seems my Governor just came out of the closet as he resigned. I guess he had an affair with a male staffer and is now getting sued. I really feel for his wife who had to stand there as her husband declaired to the world that he is a fag.

Gotta Love NJ.

colt1911fan 08-12-2004 23:49

According to the article I read he is waiting to resign until NOV 15th which is the first day he can resign and let the democrat Senate pres take over for the rest of his term. Otherwise it would call for a special election if he resigned any day up to 11-14.

The Reaper 08-13-2004 07:38

Re: NJ's married Gov comes out of closet
 
Quote:

Originally posted by rubberneck
It seems my Governor just came out of the closet as he resigned. I guess he had an affair with a male staffer and is now getting sued. I really feel for his wife who had to stand there as her husband declaired to the world that he is a fag.

Gotta Love NJ.

Great.

Kali has the Governator, and Jersey gets the Girlie Man.

Maybe they can call him a cool nickname, too. How about, "The Sodomizer"? Since I don't know the details of his relationship, maybe he is "The Sodomizee", instead?

TR

CommoGeek 08-13-2004 08:31

His wife looks like an older Brittany Murphy. For some reason I can't see leaving that for.....

<shudder>

rubberneck 08-13-2004 09:13

In this whole thing I really feel for his wife. It is bad enough to find out that your "loving" spouse is screwing around out you it is another thing to find out that it was with another man. Even my wife wondered how she could stand by his side at that press conference and be humiliated infront of the whole world.

One has to wonder if she was already offered a very generous divorce settlement if she was willing to play the supporting wife as her life was torn apart. The Governor was a scumbag long before he came out the closet. On the plus side he was named as an un-indicted co-conspiritor in a case involving a close friend and donor. I guess a trip to prison is akin to a straight person having to spend a couple years in a swinger colony. I am sure he will get his fill of man love there.

CommoGeek 08-13-2004 09:25

Quote:

Originally posted by rubberneck
One has to wonder if she was already offered a very generous divorce settlement if she was willing to play the supporting wife as her life was torn apart.
See also, "Kobe Bryant"

The Reaper 08-13-2004 11:35

Wonder if the other shoe will drop, and he will announce that he is HIV Positive as well?

TR

Guy 08-13-2004 11:44

I give up!
 
How in the hell, can you stand there and say..."I AM A GAY AMERICAN" and your wife is looking/standing there beside you?

My wife would have hit me in the face!

CommoGeek 08-13-2004 12:07

Re: I give up!
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Guy
How in the hell, can you stand there and say..."I AM A GAY AMERICAN" and your wife is looking/standing there beside you?

My wife would have hit me in the face!

I wouldn't make it to the news conference. She'd see to that.

Jack Moroney (RIP) 08-13-2004 12:25

Hmmm, I see a business opportunity here. Perhaps I should get the Vt department of tourism to suggest that he and his boy friend visit the state. They could hold a civil union ceremony and stay in one of our fine liberal Butt (opps I mean Bed) and Breakfast establishments up here in the Quean (opps again-I mean Green) Mountain State.:D

Jack Moroney

Bill Harsey 08-13-2004 13:27

Quote:

Originally posted by Jack Moroney
Hmmm, I see a business opportunity here. Perhaps I should get the Vt department of tourism to suggest that he and his boy friend visit the state. They could hold a civil union ceremony and stay in one of our fine liberal Butt (opps I mean Bed) and Breakfast establishments up here in the Quean (opps again-I mean Green) Mountain State.:D

Jack Moroney

Good thinking Sir, They can't go to Kalifornia because the state supreme court there just nullified all the same sex couples weddings. Wasn't the greater damage done by the NJ Gov his asigning a foriegn national (his boyfriend) the post of head of Homeland Security?

Jack Moroney (RIP) 08-13-2004 14:10

Quote:

Originally posted by Bill Harsey
Wasn't the greater damage done by the NJ Gov his asigning a foriegn national (his boyfriend) the post of head of Homeland Security?
Yes, but that is just the tip of the ice berg. Evidently the lad is also into big problems with the mob in the state, but then that is NJ, nothing new there. It is not just coincidental that they chose NJ for the HBO series "Sapranos".

AngelsSix 08-14-2004 20:32

There are plenty of gay men that are married and have families. Most of the wives know what is going on, they just pretend not to notice.
From what I understand, the only reason he came out at all was because the lover decided he wanted to scream and yell "no fair" when the gov told him to shove it. Now he wants to claim the gov "sexually harrased him". WHATEVER!!:rolleyes:

The Reaper 08-18-2004 20:52

Trouble is getting deeper for the Gov every day. Now 2 of the 3 big Dem power brokers in the state want him gone so Corzine can run for Gov.

Frankly, I would rather see Corzine as Governor of NJ and someone a little further to the right in the Senate.

Like Kean.

Best of all worlds would be for Corzine to run for Gov, lose, and have a Repub take his Senate seat.

This is allegedly starting to pull numbers down for other Dems, including Kerry support in NJ.

Fox had a good article on it earlier.

TR

Bravo1-3 08-18-2004 21:37

Being raised in NJ, I can say this: If Tom Kean runs against Corzine, Corzie will lose big.

Corzine isn't even as popular in NJ as McGreevey currently is.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 22:54.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®