Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Soapbox (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Maybe not so far out... (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26318)

greenberetTFS 11-27-2009 12:16

Maybe not so far out...
 
Quote:

WARNING: Reading or repeating the contents of this post may land you on the President's "Enemies List." Richard

OK,now we can make fun of Teddy wearing his "tin foil hat",but I believe this statement may be much closer to the truth than you all may realize...:rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:

Big Teddy :munchin

Red Flag 1 11-27-2009 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenberetTFS (Post 298735)
OK,now we can make fun of Teddy wearing his "tin foil hat",but I believe this statement may be much closer to the truth than you all may realize...:rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:

Big Teddy :munchin

I happen to agree with you amigo.

As for the foil, I just wrap it around the computer, leaving just enough space for venting the toxic gasses out.

RF 1

Irishsquid 11-27-2009 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenberetTFS (Post 298735)
OK,now we can make fun of Teddy wearing his "tin foil hat",but I believe this statement may be much closer to the truth than you all may realize...:rolleyes::eek::rolleyes:

Big Teddy :munchin


I keep trying to tell everybody...they WANT you to wear tin-foil hats...it actually STRENGTHENS RF signals in some of the freq ranges allotted to the government...

http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/

MIT said it, so it has to be true...Wonder if I can design a hat with a built-in Faraday cage instead!?

nmap 11-27-2009 17:50

Back a few years ago...there I was...standing in front of 150+ students in each of 4 sections. Lots of witnesses, right?

And one of the subjects in the course was freedom of expression, the Internet, and government watch lists. So I would get everyone's views, with most people suggesting that people who did odd things on the internet should be put on some sort of watch list.

Imagine me, standing in front of the class, an evil grin spreading across my face.

I would then Google the term 'CIA letter opener' which brought up pictures of a black plastic knife - sometimes on sale. I would then point out the implications of such things. (Yes, I was both detailed and explicit). I would click on a few links and show the students where the knives could be purchased, and how.

I then posed the question - should I be put on a watch list? Should they, since they had seen this? And - since I had been doing this for years, why had I never had anyone show up for a chat?

Maybe I am on some sort of "red" or "blue" list and scheduled for reeducation or worse. But they (whoever they might be) are going to have a lot of work on their hands.

Hmm. What's that knock on the door? Hey...wait....No!...S t o

armymom1228 11-27-2009 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmap (Post 298768)
I would then Google the term 'CIA letter opener' which brought up pictures of a black plastic knife - sometimes on sale. I would then point out the implications of such things. (Yes, I was both detailed and explicit). I would click on a few links and show the students where the knives could be purchased, and how.

I then posed the question - should I be put on a watch list? Should they, since they had seen this? And - since I had been doing this for years, why had I never had anyone show up for a chat?

Hmm. What's that knock on the door? Hey...wait....No!...S t o

While looking for a merchant for a buckskinning ronny, I used the search term, "blackpowder", among my choices was the phrase, "things that go..." Intrigued I clicked it. It was an internet copy of the Terrorist Handbook. I left in a hurry...no curiousity on my part. It it is simply amazing what one can find innocently and get in trouble for these days.

I find that my aluminum saran wrap works better than tinfoil far more maleable and it looks sexy and less well tin foily, and works just as well.. :D:

kimberly 11-27-2009 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Flag 1 (Post 298737)
I happen to agree with you amigo.

As for the foil, I just wrap it around the computer, leaving just enough space for venting the toxic gasses out.

RF 1

I like that idea.

Usually I put foil over the windows on the west side to keep... to keep the... to keep the sun out during the summer months. I should worry more about the computer than the windows.

In all seriousness, NOTHING is secure on computers anywhere.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:53.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®