![]() |
Glenn Beck refuses to define 'white culture'
James Hibberd, of The Hollywood Reporter has offered the following analysis of Mr. Beck's interview with CBS News's Katie Couric. Source is here. Video is here.
Quote:
|
Not a huge Beck fan, but glad he didn't answer it. Why give her the upper-hand? I have never liked Couric or that snotty looking smirk thing she does when she thinks shes got some one pegged by a question.
|
I have to wonder why somebody would use a term for which he either cannot or will not provide a reasonable definition or explanation for its use. :confused:
Richard's $.02 :munchin |
Quote:
|
Quote:
Richard's $.02 :munchin |
Quote:
|
Quote:
TR |
Quote:
Lesson's learned, and my gray hair has taught me to answer tough question with another question. |
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
term?
Quote:
Yes exactly, I am still waiting for a definition of "Moderate Taliban" :confused: anyone, anyone, Buelher, anyone..... |
I agree with Wet Dog. Katie Couric suggests to Beck that his use of the term "white culture" might be racist "to some people." Beck seems to be taken aback by the question, which was probably not covered beforehand in show prep. It was obviously a question for which he was unprepared. His lack of direct response is simply an unwillingness to step into Katie's trap, and he says so. His loss of composure is embarrassing and pathetic.
His mistake was not attacking the notion that it could conceivably be racist to talk about white culture, any more than it is racist to talk about Black culture. He needed to stop being an interviewee and turn into an interviewer, as Wet Dog suggested. For the record, I do not like the idea of white culture, one bit. I hope that there is never a Congressional White Caucus. The Left has chosen to use race as a tool with which to divide America. Beck should keep that in mind: it's their tool, don't make it yours. |
Quote:
|
White culture?
Is there a White Culture?
I'd say no. What some might claim as "White Culture" is really "American Culture". Go to the Mall and you'll see it in all it's glory. People from all corners of the world generally dressed somewhat the same and doing the same thing. That I would guess is where the majority of all Americans fall. Do we have "Sub-cultures"? Of course. And from those sub-cultures come many stereotypes that others apply to everybody that kinda' sorta' looks like they belong in that category. |
| All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:55. |
Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®