Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Medical Pearls Of Wisdom (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Name these bones (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22873)

perdurabo 04-19-2009 22:22

Name these bones
 
Went hiking out in the Oregonian nowhere and found some bones:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jgw/set...7616981000741/

Any expert (tm) opinions? Looks like a femur and a humerus. Each about 12" long. Deer?

The reason I'd love to double-check is that I also found children's toys in the area. After my Googling though, it looks like its more likely deer than (little) human (whew!). I was out practicing my land nav/compass and wildlife tracking skills. Found tracks belonging to deer, a cougar, and some sort of large-footed canine type animal within 1km.

Blitzzz (RIP) 04-19-2009 22:46

My Guess...
 
Fore leg of a Deer (upper portion) Just guess'n. Blitzzz

cornelyj 04-20-2009 12:47

Bones...
 
I'll Play! :lifter

Definitely too short to be human.

#1 Maybe a front or rear pastern if it is a deer. Maybe some kind of digit?
Maybe even a cannon or tuber calsis bone if it is a non-cloven hoofed animal.

#2 Radius or Ulna... looks like right. Part of the forearm... remember that deer to not have rotational ability.

#3 Tibia possible right.

#4 Looks like the same bone as #2.


I am definitely more comfortable with the human anatomy than any non-human mammals... my vote is don't call the cops anytime soon.

Red Flag 1 04-20-2009 13:56

Fell out of my lunch bag two years ago:D. I went hungry all day after that.;)

One photo seems to be of a tibia that is non-too straight.

My $.02

RF 1


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:50.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®