Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Library (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   The Merger (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203)

lrd 01-27-2004 07:38

The Merger
 
I'm in the middle of Jeffrey Robinson's The Merger. Great book. To quote one review:
Quote:

The Merger is a shocking, true account of how transnational organized criminals have taken lessons straight out of the nation's business schools to form joint ventures and strategic alliances of unimaginable proportions.
. . . .
Robinson traces the intricate network of connections linking the three traditional Italian Mafias, various Colombian drug cartels, the so-called Russian "maffiya," Chinese Triads, Nigerian criminal enterprises, Japanese Yakuza, outlaw biker gangs, and equally deadly crime syndicates from Eastern Europe, Mexico, Southeast Asia, the Balkans, and the Middle East.
I'm not sure how shocking it is, since we now have available in bookstores: Leadership Sopranos Style: How To Become A More Effective Boss.

Any recommendations for a follow-up book to The Merger?

Huey14 02-02-2004 12:55

The Trail Of The Triads is a good one of SE Heroin and triad/tong involvment.

Its quite old though, but I think it might be on Amazon.

I'll have a look for you.

lrd 02-04-2004 06:17

Thank you, Huey14. I'll put it on my list.

Jimbo 02-04-2004 07:34

The Andean Cocaine Industry by Rensseler Lee

That was the book that led me to The Merger

lrd 02-04-2004 07:52

Quote:

Originally posted by Jimbo
The Andean Cocaine Industry by Rensseler Lee

That was the book that led me to The Merger

. . . and, as you are the one who led me to The Merger, another book for my list.

Cazador 01 02-15-2004 20:24

Listen to Jimbo
 
I have found Jimbo's recommendations worth heeding so far. Now on a third book.

Jimbo 02-15-2004 22:11

Glad you are enjoying them, Caz.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 17:15.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®