Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Base Camp (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Need some help finding a book (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17237)

sleepyhead4 02-10-2008 03:24

Need some help finding a book
 
I tried searching on the internet and this site but couldn't find what I'm looking for. Can someone recommend a good US Army Special Forces book that can be used as a coffee table book? I need a book that someone who's not very fluent in English can enjoy i.e. a picture book. If it's about 1st Group, even better.

This book will be a gift for a foreign friend.

Retired W4 02-10-2008 07:21

Special Operations Warrior Foundation Book
 
"U.S. Special Operations Forces" is not SF specific but is a great coffee table book. Lots of good pictures and some history of SOF. A gun show neighbor of mine who sells military books sold me a copy that had some spine damage, but was otherwise in fine shape, for $10. The Special Operations Warrior Foundation, as I'm sure you already know, started out as the Bull Simons Scholarship Fund.

It's published by Hugh Lauter Levin Associates, Inc.
ISBN 0-88363-105-9

tom kelly 02-10-2008 13:52

Good Book about Special Forces
 
IMHO The Best Book about U S Army Special Forces is the book published by Faircount Media Group Titled " SPECIAL FORCES " The First Fifty Years...It was published in conjunction with the 50th Anniversary of Special Forces in 2002.The book has many notible writers and contributors including Lt. Gen ( Ret)William P. Yarborough, Rudi Gresham, Col.(Ret) Aaron Bank, and Geoffrey T. Baker to name a few.The book was offered for sale at the Special Forces Association Annual Convention in June, 2002 held in Fayetteville NC. At the time the cost of the book was $25.00. You can contact the publisher of the book for current price and availabilty. Faircourt Media Group, 2701 North Rocky Point Drive, Suite 220 Tampa,Fl.33607 Phone # 813-639-1900 or 888-639-1900 e-mail: publisher@faircount.com... You could also contact The Special Forces Association PO Box 41436 Fayetteville,NC 28309-4436 Phone # 910-485-5433 e-mail: sfahq@aol.com...Regards,Tom Kelly

Karl.Masters 02-10-2008 13:56

Special Forces at War, An Illustrated History, Southeast Asia 1957-1975

by Shelby L. Stanton

Foreward by MG Mike Healy

Howell Press, 1990

Razor 02-10-2008 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepyhead4 (Post 198872)
I need a book that someone who's not very fluent in English can enjoy i.e. a picture book. If it's about 1st Group, even better.

I gotcha covered right here, brother.

MVS2 02-10-2008 15:47

SF Picture Books
 
Many picture-saturated SF books are in the Military History Section at Barne's & Noble - they're usually more factual books about SF.

sleepyhead4 02-11-2008 06:46

Thank you all for your help. I think I might have found one on Amazon.com...now I gotta somehow get the book to where I'm currently squatting.

Razor, not exactly the books I had in mind but I do appreciate girls with tattoos.

Razor 02-11-2008 18:55

Hey, you said a picture book about 1st Group. :p


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:07.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®