Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Base Camp (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Canidate trying to learn more on Vietnam (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1422)

Denny 04-18-2004 00:57

Canidate trying to learn more on Vietnam
 
I am currently reading " Americas Counterterrorist Forces" and I am at the vietnam era. I read about the training of the montagnards. I also learned about the A camps. The Son Tay Raid was also very, very impressive. I read about Captain Donlon, first soldier to get medal of honor in vietnam, and the other 16 SF soldiers that earned them by the time it was all over. I also learned about the MIKE teams that would come help out SF A camps when they were under attack. It mentioned the new extraction methods developed during that time to get guys out faster. The info on the SOG teams was interesting too, especially how they used to replace a round in the enemys clip so when they went to use it, it would explode in their gun. What wonderfully phycological effects that must have had. I was just wondering if there was anything I forgot. I dont mean any disrespect to soldiers that served during that time, I just want to make sure I didnt foget anything before I move on to the next era. Thank you
-Brendan

Ambush Master 04-18-2004 11:15

You really should read John Plaster's "SOG" The Secret Wars Of America's Commandos In Vietnam and his Pictorial History of SOG (My Team Picture is in the latter).

Both of these show the very covert and ingenious abilities within SF and the Spec Ops community. A great deal that was learned there is still in use today.

Take Care
Martin

NousDefionsDoc 04-18-2004 12:53

Quote:

Originally posted by Ambush Master
You really should read John Plaster's "SOG" The Secret Wars Of America's Commandos In Vietnam and his Pictorial History of SOG (My Team Picture is in the latter).

Both of these show the very covert and ingenious abilities within SF and the Spec Ops community. A great deal that was learned there is still in use today.

Take Care
Martin

I second that emotion

Denny 04-18-2004 13:11

Roger will do


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:12.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®