![]() |
5th SFG(A) Limited Edition Commemorative SOG Bowie Knife
1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 7353
Mike Black sent this to me the other day so I thought that I would pass this on for those that are interested: 5th SFG(A) Limited Edition Commemorative SOG Bowie Knife— $125.00! Don’t miss out on your chance to own a piece of history! This historically accurate knife, traced to the lineage of 5th SFG(A) in Vietnam, is sure to be a collector’s item. The normal retail price for this knife (without the engraving) is nearly $300.00!! Order now by contacting MAJ Shane Dillow, XO, 1/5 SFG(A) at 270-798-9411 (w) or 402-980-1224 or by e-mail at shane.c.dillow@us.army.mil. Payment in full due upon ordering. Proceeds from this sale will go to the 1st BN , 5th SFG(A) Cup & Flower Fund |
I'll have to order one.
I started my SF life in A-1-5.;) TS |
:munchin
Ordered mine last night. TS and I got off to a good start with the 5th, although I think I'm a Litttttle older as I remember the structure was Co HQ was the C-Team; we had 3 B-Teams and each B-team had 4 A-Teams. I was on A-423. I picked up an original SOG knife when CCN was shut down in the fall of 1972, but wasn't allowed to take it out of country. |
I've always liked the look of that knife. Is there somewhere I could get an unmarked one? Not being SF, I shy away from owning items with an SF crest. I'd feel like a poser.
Hipshot: How come you couldn't leave the country with the knife? |
Quote:
It was govenment issue and would have to remain in-country. Maybe I was nieve enough to have believed them, but I turned it in before I left the B-36 site to one of the guys staying behind. Question for you and request PM reply...were you or are you a scope dope? I worked on the AWACS software as a Computer Systems Officer (2Lt) at Tinker AFB back in the early 80's. Made 4 Elf-One deployments to Saudi Arabia during the Iran-Iraq war and was there when the Marine Barracks was blown up in Beirut. |
[QUOTE=Hipshot]It was govenment issue and would have to remain in-country. Maybe I was nieve enough to have believed them, but I turned it in before I left the B-36 site to one of the guys staying behind.QUOTE]
That's rough. I just hope that someone other than a supply clerk got to take it home. PM inbound. |
Who is the knife maker?
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
5th Group Knife
Thats sweet !!! I got the 1st SSF commemorative knife a couple years back. They were selling like hotcakes. Once I find a gig i'll have to order one !
zipgunlead |
I ordered mine......:lifter
|
Quote:
One of my closest friends is in 5th group, starting his SF life there. My son and I helped him move his possession there last November. I am extremely proud of his accomplishments. BTW, that is a very beautiful knife. H. |
Is there a expected ship date for those knives?
Thanks, H. |
Posted the flyer in the "Team Room" you should have heard the ohhs and ahhs from all the "Former Action Guys". Gotta love the Pentagon.
I too started life in 5th Group, C-3-5, oda-591 and 94. |
| All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:29. |
Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®