Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fur (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Pack Rat! (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47007)

PRB 09-23-2014 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brush Okie (Post 563585)
If they are in a confined space try chemical warfare.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/271598615601?lpid=82

The hardware store has them for less than they are selling here.

No, I'm looking for a really small, like cartoon sized, suitcase nuke....a mushroom cloud about waist high.

PSM 09-23-2014 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRB (Post 563599)
No, I'm looking for a really small, like cartoon sized, suitcase nuke....a mushroom cloud about waist high.

This is what I used: http://www.zoro.com/i/G4389917/?utm_...PWIRoCQZvw_wcB Got it at Lowes. Not a SADM, but maybe a 175mm. :D

It does have this on the toothy end: 對大鼠此方 :D

Pat

Ambush Master 09-23-2014 21:41

I have not personally used the Peppermint Oil, but I do know several Folks that have, and I TRUST them. They said it worked,...........For Me, It Works!!!

PSM 09-23-2014 22:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambush Master (Post 563603)
I have not personally used the Peppermint Oil, but I do know several Folks that have, and I TRUST them. They said it worked,...........For Me, It Works!!!

We can wash our vehicles in the hippie favorite: Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap Organic Peppermint Soap. :D

Pat

Lan 09-24-2014 11:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRB (Post 563557)
I'd do that but outdoor/barn cats don't survive here....coyotes or horned owls will get them....my neighbor went thru 3 from the pound in 6 weeks, gave up.

California coyotes must not work well together! From the looks of this map the subspecies we have here is different than the subspecies in Arizona, but from my research, the hunting techniques the coyote species uses are consistent. Must be the terrain, or how reliant the liberal coyotes out here are on their government.

We have coyotes and owls but I've only lost 1 cat to what I assume was coyotes because we had a pack of them who liked to hang out near our old house. We have a problem raccoon at our current house. Got into a fight with our dogs a while back on our deck. The dogs kept him away for a while but he was back a couple nights ago eating our cat food and the damn thing broke the cat bowl in the process.

PRB 09-24-2014 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lan (Post 563664)
California coyotes must not work well together! From the looks of this map the subspecies we have here is different than the subspecies in Arizona, but from my research, the hunting techniques the coyote species uses are consistent. Must be the terrain, or how reliant the liberal coyotes out here are on their government.

We have coyotes and owls but I've only lost 1 cat to what I assume was coyotes because we had a pack of them who liked to hang out near our old house. We have a problem raccoon at our current house. Got into a fight with our dogs a while back on our deck. The dogs kept him away for a while but he was back a couple nights ago eating our cat food and the damn thing broke the cat bowl in the process.

The packs around here are pretty aggressive....they take small dogs too.
One Coyote runs at a barky dog (small 20 lbs or so as Coytes won't attk a big dog)...then turns and runs away getting the mutt to chase him...right into the pack where they tear him apart.
Neighbors about 15 acres over didn't know about that and lost their dog the first week here.

PSM 04-20-2016 22:04

New pack rat: This one has stolen 2 armed mouse traps and my wife's sun visor that she left out on a table on the deck. He couldn't get the visor in the nest, though. :D Kind of hate to kill such a resourceful little dude.

Pat

PRB 04-20-2016 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSM (Post 607184)
New pack rat: This one has stolen 2 armed mouse traps and my wife's sun visor that she left out on a table on the deck. He couldn't get the visor in the nest, though. :D Kind of hate to kill such a resourceful little dude.

Pat

I've been successful with Victor rat traps placed on firm ground so the the little bastards get the full shock....I'm in a constant state of war...

JJ_BPK 04-21-2016 05:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSM (Post 607184)
New pack rat:

Pat

Breed the little bastards,,
Start an off-shore mail-order food company,,
Venezuela could make you a fortune..

Taste like chicken.. :]

2018commo 04-21-2016 10:37

rats

I use a rat sized Havahart trap with only one end open, use a can of cheap cat food for bait. do not open the can, but put several holes in it and secure it to the back of the trap. After capture the rats get a bath, and after the bubbles stop and the rat is declared "clean" they get fed to the pond turtles.

Team Sergeant 04-21-2016 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2018commo (Post 607198)
I use a rat sized Havahart trap with only one end open, use a can of cheap cat food for bait. do not open the can, but put several holes in it and secure it to the back of the trap. After capture the rats get a bath, and after the bubbles stop and the rat is declared "clean" they get fed to the pond turtles.

Excellent idea!!!

(Why didn't I ever think of that.......)

PSM 04-21-2016 10:57

Got him using the Tomcat trap. I'll miss the little prankster. :D

Pat

PRB 04-21-2016 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSM (Post 607200)
Got him using the Tomcat trap. I'll miss the little prankster. :D

Pat

Hell, what's your address and I'll tell the rat community here...

2018commo 04-21-2016 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team Sergeant (Post 607199)
Excellent idea!!!

(Why didn't I ever think of that.......)

It's an old trick, suspect you're wired to go High Ordnance first!

PSM 04-21-2016 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRB (Post 607202)
Hell, what's your address and I'll tell the rat community here...

You've got a better playground for them than we do. :D

Pat