Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   10th Special Forces Group (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Chip pics (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13649)

12B4S 03-04-2007 00:38

Chip pics

2 Attachment(s)
In the past couple years, there has been some talk about the Chippewa boots we were issued while at Flint Kaserne. Sooooo. A few months ago, I grabbed a gal's camera, hauled the boots and stuff outside........ along with my outstanding photographic skills :rolleyes: and snapped a couple pictures. These have seen aaaaaaaaaaalot of miles in the mountains and below in all types of weather. However! I have tried to keep them in shape. It's only been 37 years or so. ;)

bost1751 03-04-2007 08:57

Wow, now htere is a throwback. I was fortunate enough to have both the low and high cuts during my double digit years with the 10th. I still have a pair or 2 somewhere.

Pete 03-04-2007 09:06

Low tops

Ya' beat me to it, bost.

The first pair I was issed was the low tops. Along with Head 210s and NATO cable bindings I had tons of fun in the mountains.

Then again I liked growing up in northern Michigan so I liked getting that "high speed" military stuff issued to me.

Pete

Jack Moroney (RIP) 03-04-2007 13:40

1 Attachment(s)
I still have two pair from the 60s. They are indestructible and I wear them all the time outside around the property. Because I no longer am capable of getting them on without assistance, I have come up with the FOGCPOD(FOG Chippewa Pull on Device). I have attached a hook to my cane which allows me to slip the hook through the finger loop, pull the boots on, and head out back with the pups. Works great!

Razor 03-04-2007 14:38

Do you also wear the wool shirt in the background of your pic, Sir? ;)

Buffalobob 03-04-2007 15:07

I did not know they had high tops. All I remember is the low brown ones and the big Mickey Mouse boots. They would not let me have any Chippewas, so I had to clump around in the Mickey Mouses. The only time I ever wore them was on Saturdays when there was snow on the ground and the rifle team wanted to practice.

The Reaper 03-04-2007 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor

I noticed the same thing.

Shirt, Men's, Wool, M-1950

TR

longrange1947 03-04-2007 18:52

And what is wrong with wearing my wool shirt, it is very warm! :p

My chips look just as worn out, I thought I was the only masochist that still kept those things. :D

Jack Moroney (RIP) 03-04-2007 19:16

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor

Yep, here is the proof on the improvised demo range I was running for my company at Devens. Still have it, still fits, and it works great up here in the Great Northern Forest 9 months out of the year. Never was a slave to fashion.:D

longrange1947 03-04-2007 19:24

Oh, and those buttons are stetched like that because of all of the undergarments. :munchin

:D :D

And NO, I will not show you my tensioned buttons! :p

Jack Moroney (RIP) 03-04-2007 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by longrange1947
Oh, and those buttons are stetched like that because of all of the undergarments. :munchin :

But of course:D You realize of course that I was running this for all my 12Bs (this was before the 18series came in) so one of them took the picture. IIRC it was SFC Garner so I am sure he had probably not focused the frame correctly-no, huh?

longrange1947 03-04-2007 20:16

Heck, I'll buy that one, as long as I can use it. :D

lksteve 03-04-2007 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Moroney
IIRC it was SFC Garner so I am sure he had probably not focused the frame correctly-no, huh?

hmmm...never saw Charlie with a camera...but he could stretch a shirt, too...

x SF med 03-05-2007 08:41

I will have to snap a pic of my Chips - only from the 80's - didn't get the diver toes.... Had to use mine last week, it got very cold and snowy here.

bost1751 03-05-2007 19:36

Buy you a pair of Danners X SF MED. Your old chips are still wet from your days at Devens.