Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Terrorism (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson, What Difference Does it Make (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51147)

SF-TX 06-30-2016 19:01

DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson, What Difference Does it Make

Senator Ted Cruz questioned DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson on allegations that the federal government has scrubbed any mention of Islam, jihad, etc., from intelligence documents/reports.

Secretary Johnson's response is, in summary, 'what difference does it make.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqfaZZ8jNfU

SF_BHT 06-30-2016 20:43

And is anyone surprised ?

Box 07-01-2016 05:23

Its a shame that the folks that begged for this type of hope and change cant even taste their own kool-aid.

JimP 07-01-2016 05:48

I've mentioned this story before but I am not sure if it was in here:

A few years back SOCOM flew him down to a conference. he comes in to give a talk on the cutting-edge issues on the war on terror. He spends ten minutes talking about a french-fry case he handled as a young attorney out of law school, takes a bow and then walks off.

We're all like: "WTF.....?!!??" :eek::eek:

The man is an incompetent buffoon. Placed well above his capacity merely by the color of his skin.

Hand 07-01-2016 06:54

I wanted to see the whole thing, so I dug around a little and found a video of the whole session along with a time marked transcript here.

SF-TX 07-01-2016 08:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hand (Post 611700)
I wanted to see the whole thing, so I dug around a little and found a video of the whole session along with a time marked transcript here.

Anything of interest, or more revealing in the 2 1/2 hour video?

mark46th 07-01-2016 08:52

When our president is probably a charter member of every Islamic terror organization on the planet, who could be surprised?

Hand 07-01-2016 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by SF-TX (Post 611702)
Anything of interest, or more revealing in the 2 1/2 hour video?

I found it quite enlightening as a whole. Sen. Cruz's floor time was in high contrast to most of the rest of the session. His time on the floor seemed concentrated on making Johnson look as stupid as possible.

Most of the rest of the session addressed borders, immigration, gun control, the deficit of personnel in DHS positions and the difficulty in hiring people, airport safety and a few other topics. There was actually some interesting and intelligent dialog at some points. It seemed a fair session that probed all of the various responsibilities of the departments under Jeh's command.

I would definitely not sit down and focus my attention on the entire thing, I kept the video up in the corner of my monitor and listened to it while I was working this morning. I hope that I answered your question adequately.

SF-TX 07-01-2016 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hand (Post 611716)
I found it quite enlightening as a whole. Sen. Cruz's floor time was in high contrast to most of the rest of the session. His time on the floor seemed concentrated on making Johnson look as stupid as possible.

I disagree. Secretary Johnson did a splendid job of covering his ignorance, willful or not, with smugness and arrogance.

It appeared to me that Senator Cruz was seeking an admission that the federal government was indeed scrubbing documents of references to terrorism motivated by Islam.

Hand 07-01-2016 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by SF-TX (Post 611717)
I disagree. Secretary Johnson did a splendid job of covering his ignorance, willful or not, with smugness and arrogance.

It appeared to me that Senator Cruz was seeking an admission that the federal government was indeed scrubbing documents of references to terrorism motivated by Islam.

I think that Sen. Cruz could have structured his attack differently. Other Senators were able to ask questions in such fashion that Sec Johnson actually responded in a somewhat meaningful and informative fashion. Sen. Cruz's questions were such that no matter if Sec Johnson answered yes or no, it looked bad.

I am in no way intending to address Sec Johnson's guilt/innocence/knowledge/ignorance in this matter.

As to Sen. Cruz's assertions, I don't see much on the internet about this topic being a department wide initiative. I found a reference to the DHS scrubbing Islam from the LGBTQRXYZ killer's phone call, and I found a story from February from a former DHS employee that reported that the names of 1000 people scrubbed from the terrorist watch list in the interest of civil rights (link), but that's about it. I hope that the media picks up on this and digs deeper.

Joker 07-03-2016 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy L-bach (Post 611696)
Its a shame that the folks that begged for this type of hope and change cant even taste their own kool-aid.

The Kool-Aid taste like vomit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimP (Post 611697)
I've mentioned this story before but I am not sure if it was in here:

A few years back SOCOM flew him down to a conference. he comes in to give a talk on the cutting-edge issues on the war on terror. He spends ten minutes talking about a french-fry case he handled as a young attorney out of law school, takes a bow and then walks off.

We're all like: "WTF.....?!!??" :eek::eek:

The man is an incompetent buffoon. Placed well above his capacity merely by the color of his skin.

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner. I had to deal with him when he was the GC in the Pentupgone (sp on purpose).

SF-TX 07-04-2016 22:13

I agree with Robert Spencer, it is time to jettison the countering violent extremism charade.

It’s time to ditch the entire “Countering Violent Extremism” strategy