Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Arena (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Yankees (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56003)

Penn 08-16-2022 17:08

Yankees

Raised in South Philly, you would think I'd hate the Yankees (bow Head), but they were always my #1 team. Why, My first LL team Jersey number in 1961 was 9, same as Roger Maris.
I'M a Yankee Fan!!!

BTW I think it's Yanks vs Mets World Series

Box 08-16-2022 20:14

When I played Little League Baseball I also played for the Yankees. The Orioles and the Yankees were always two of my favorite ball teams until I quit following sportsball quite some years ago...

I grew up in South Baltimore so I also know how it is to be a fan of the "other team"
I wore number two - which was Paul Blair's number - who had just left the Orioles in a trade for two shitty New York Yankees.

Coincidentally - Paul Blair's number when he played for the Orioles was number 9

bblhead672 08-17-2022 16:00

Lifelong Yankees fan.

In late 70's I attended an Old Timers Game at Yankee Stadium and took a pregame picture of Mickey Mantle walking along the base line, bat over his shoulder and big smile on his face.
About 10 years later I had opportunity to have him autograph the picture.

Edited to add: Don’t watch sportsball anymore regardless of the size and shape of the ball.

2018commo 08-17-2022 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Box (Post 674725)
When I played Little League Baseball I also played for the Yankees. The Orioles and the Yankees were always two of my favorite ball teams until I quit following sportsball quite some years ago...

I grew up in South Baltimore so I also know how it is to be a fan of the "other team"
I wore number two - which was Paul Blair's number - who had just left the Orioles in a trade for two shitty New York Yankees.

Coincidentally - Paul Blair's number when he played for the Orioles was number 9

Come home Box, the O’s are knocking on the door!

Box 08-18-2022 06:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2018commo (Post 674734)
Come home Box, the O’s are knocking on the door!

I believe it was Thomas Wolfe that said, "You can't go home again."
...coincidentally, Thomas Wolfe DIED in Baltimore.

The Colts left.
The Baltimore Clippers folded.
They tore down Memorial Stadium.
You need a parking pass to park in my old neighborhood.
John's Diner - down by 'the point' - where I used to get french fries and gravy - gone.
Middle School, Elementary School, and even the Kindergarten I attended - all gone.
They bulldozed the skateboard bowl at Riverside Park.
Tore out the monkey bars at Federal Hill Park.
Pride of Baltimore - lost at sea
Sportsball - dead to me.

You can't go home again, but you can read about it on the internet.

mark46th 08-18-2022 11:09

Box- When I saw the title of the post, I knew it was about baseball. Anywhere South of the Mason-Dixon line it is "DamnYankees"...

Roguish Lawyer 08-18-2022 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penn (Post 674722)
Raised in South Philly, you would think I'd hate the Yankees (bow Head), but they were always my #1 team. Why, My first LL team Jersey number in 1961 was 9, same as Roger Maris.
I'M a Yankee Fan!!!

BTW I think it's Yanks vs Mets World Series

Keep talking like that and you'll end up at the bottom of the Delaware chained to a statue of Frank Rizzo.

(I stole that from another member here BTW)

Penn 08-21-2022 01:49

Frank Rizzo, WOW!!!!

The only Mayor to fire bomb his our city to suggest to the "Move" movement......

......"Yo vinny, we gots guns too?"

Penn 08-21-2022 01:56

And back to baseball, the yankees are getting their ass's kicked!!! I'm hoping its the new trades felling their way around, team/fit stuff, everybody's spanking them!

casey 08-23-2022 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penn (Post 674755)
Frank Rizzo, WOW!!!!

The only Mayor to fire bomb his our city to suggest to the "Move" movement......

......"Yo vinny, we gots guns too?"

Ahhhhem.... I think you meant "utilizing a tactical deployment of fire" by Wilson Goode who was mayor during that operation....

Come home Penn - I'll meet you at the Passyunk border with our complementary Glock 17, 400 rounds, & 72 hour auto resupply slip.

Roguish Lawyer 08-23-2022 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by casey (Post 674759)
Ahhhhem.... I think you meant "utilizing a tactical deployment of fire" by Wilson Goode who was mayor during that operation....

Come home Penn - I'll meet you at the Passyunk border with our complementary Glock 17, 400 rounds, & 72 hour auto resupply slip.

Speak of the Devil!

https://www.professionalsoldiers.com...8&postcount=16

casey 08-24-2022 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roguish Lawyer (Post 674760)

Ha! I would not propose a visit here now sage counselor, as they killin' mo's like its legal now.

Penn 08-24-2022 13:41

Casey, about that
Quote:

As much as I dislike the City of Brotherly Love, that bounty seems worth the trip. If you get to Lambertville, dinners on me.

And back to BB...the Yankees are going to have their hands full if the Astro's finish in the ALCS, which would be a great match up, adding to that, watching the Yankees last night, 4/2 over the Mets, and the Mets have great pitching, they struggled. Not good this time of year to see.

Badger52 08-24-2022 19:59

There is some pretty fun stuff being played in Williamsport, PA for the last several days. And Texas (SW division) is for REAL!
:cool:

Penn 09-08-2022 10:11

In the ALCS I don't think the Yankees, due to injury and the caliber of play by the Astro's, who have awesome pitching and great hitters, and likewise for the Rays, will be in the running for the World series. If the Astros or the Rays make it, the AL will win the WS. ymmv