Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Special Forces Questions (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Were all MOS's eligible for an SQI S before the 18 CMF? (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52606)

tom kelly 01-22-2020 16:12

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ_BPK (Post 630165)
Don't quote me,, You listed the basic team mos slots, but TO&E had additional MOS slots at company and group level.

SO,, Supply 76Y probably was a slot in the S4 shop. The S,, not so sure..

There were additional slots at some of the A camps due to mission (read hearts-n-minds). If someone had a non-team mos, but filled a team slot during combat,, they might receive the S.. Remember the camps were getting hit daily,, it made everyone a shooter..

The needs of the business, did not always get you to the school house before Nam..

I think one of the most famous non-mos slotted individuals was Cpt Gillespie, he wore Air Defense brass..

Captain. Gillespie was in C Company 1st SFG(Abn.) Machinato, Okinawa in 1964 before deploying to Vietnam as the C O of Det.A-312 CIDG/SF Camp Buon Bring. Another member of that team was Sp4 Earl Bleacher shown in the photo.

coolusername 02-24-2020 02:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by glebo (Post 630616)
Well, I can't answer all of your question. But when I went through in '82 I was a 63B (wheeled vehicle mechanic) and re-enlisted under the BEAR program.

I had to go down to Ft Gordon to get reclassed as an 05B before going through the Q course.

Several other folks were in the same position as I was.

It has changed through out the yrs, as others have commented, there is good free samples essay service https://www.wowessays.com/free-samples/ but you had to be one of the MOS's they had on tms 05B radio operator, 31V (can't remember that duty descri), 91B Medic, 12B Engineer, 11B/11C Infantryman.

Once completing the Q course, we got our "S" identifier. 05BS3

Now I do remember some "soft skill" folks also, there were some 74 series guys from Sig Co 7th and 5th that went through and reclassed. But I think that only happened for a few classes though...

Which folks you mean exactly? It's interesting to find out

Pete 02-24-2020 03:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolusername (Post 655737)
Which folks you mean exactly? It's interesting to find out

coolusername

It is obvious from your three posts so far that you have not followed the rules of this site with your first post - and have nothing to add to the conversations.

Your next post should be in the right place and the next after that add something to the boards or you're gone.

janer110 09-25-2021 10:16

The accomplishment of a partnership is personally connected to the nature of each partners commitment. Found the best case study at a fob copy website and it blew my mind. The shortfall of a tool to measure the commitment of each accomplice prompted the development of the Service Quality Index.

JJ_BPK 09-25-2021 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by janer110 (Post 671151)
The accomplishment of a partnership is personally connected to the nature of each partners commitment. Found the best case study at a fob copy website and it blew my mind. The shortfall of a tool to measure the commitment of each accomplice prompted the development of the Service Quality Index.

Before your next post,
Retrieve the email sent to you by the admins
It contains two specific action items you need to accomplish BEFORE posting on this site.

1)fill in your profile
2)post an introduction

:munchin

PRB 09-25-2021 11:21

Cpt. Gillespie wore his branch insignia, as did all Officers, as there was no SF Branch insignia at the time. He was SF qualified by attending and completing the Q course....ergo the 'full flash' that signified that at the time.

There are/were support slots for each SF Gp/Bn that were identified with the S that simply indicated the soldier had served in that position and would then be considered for it again or elsewhere when assigned/re assigned.

It had nothing to do with a qualification....simply an assignment indicator. They are not eligible for any MOS awarding...one must have an SF specific MOS awarded after completing all of the gates.