Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Special Forces Fieldcraft (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Be Prepared (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10819)

Badger52 01-19-2021 16:49

Christmas in January

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick (Post 666216)
ETA: Man, this day just keeps getting better and better - last picture!

Money shot.

Meryup 07-13-2021 01:16

I took great knowledge from here,
Thanks, everyone for sharing your best experiance

5thgrp"C" 10-03-2021 05:51

Can't find crap anymore

Can anyone help me find what I am looking for?

It's a photo/poster showing an insurgent fighter and talking about their training mindset, lack of shoes/boots, all the latest gear?

Thanks for the help

Badger52 10-03-2021 06:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5thgrp"C" (Post 671264)
Can anyone help me find what I am looking for?

It's a photo/poster showing an insurgent fighter and talking about their training mindset, lack of shoes/boots, all the latest gear?

Thanks for the help

I can't find a photo to go with it in my library, but you remind me of this posted previously hereabouts (by NousDefionsDoc I think):

Quote:

Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?"

NousDefionsDoc
I could see that in a caption at the bottom of the appropriate photo; can't find the dang pic (I miss my mind). With the right photo that could easily be made into one.

5thgrp"C" 10-03-2021 09:44

Yup that's the one I was thinking of. Always enjoyed that training ideology, seems befitting in this age of interconnectedness and technology.

PSM 10-03-2021 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5thgrp"C" (Post 671266)
Yup that's the one I was thinking of. Always enjoyed that training ideology, seems befitting in this age of interconnectedness and technology.

There are several pix/posters online. Just search "Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you," then click on images. Few, if any, credit NDD.

Badger52 10-03-2021 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSM (Post 671267)
There are several pix/posters online. Just search "Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you," then click on images. Few, if any, credit NDD.

Yep. Last one on this. The deep-dive is in the Mindset sub-forum & the relevant 7-page thread is here (including discussion of Copyright to this site).

Now back to old guy making downed limbs smaller.
:)

7624U 10-03-2021 16:10

That was so 2006.

Changed it for 2021

Somewhere a True Believer is tweeting about killing you. He is training with none GMO food and water, in air conditioning, Posting day and night. The only thing clean on him is his IP Address and he made his own web page. He doesn't worry about what workouts to do - he/her/them, weighs what they weigh, The run ends when the Police stop chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows how to GoFund me. He doesn't go home or to work at 17:00, he is at home.
He knows only The Cause.

PSM 11-17-2021 17:34

1 Attachment(s)
Using the old adage "One is none, two is one," I added a manual pump to our water well:

The Reaper 11-17-2021 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSM (Post 672012)
Using the old adage "One is none, two is one," I added a manual pump to our water well:

A very wise move for those who can do so.

Congrats.

TR

PSM 11-19-2021 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper (Post 672019)
A very wise move for those who can do so.

Congrats.

TR

Thanks, TR. The best part is that the original well was drilled to 265'. The manual pump went down to 154'. We have a lot of water under us. We were never really sure until now.

7624U 03-09-2022 08:34

Bump

Because this Thread is very relevent and needs to be updated with the current situation.

My new projects for this spring are root cellar and expanding the green house :D

Most my wood cutting is done for next year just need to finish splitting and stacking should have two years worth by the time is am finished running out of places to stack under my shed.....so I am going to start round stacking like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFPZxLuM5jo
but under a large pine tree for the cover it offers will see how it works.

Javadrinker 03-09-2022 09:57

Went solar; not to be green, but because of caring for aged in-laws and wife's medical condition; 150% and 2 batteries. Also had a connection for a portable duel fuel generator installed, 13000Kwh, will run the whole house including air con and heating and charge the batteries if the panels are rendered incapable.
Yes, I have been buying larger and more propane.

Badger52 04-11-2022 19:04

Having a hard time finding canning supplies?

Interesting article, and yet another example of what happens when Giant Corp. buys up small niche supplier, who gets lost in the big ocean.

Quote:

Last month I sent off my seed order for the coming season and began wondering how I was going to store my harvest from the garden. Was I going to be able to find canning lids this summer?

Canning jar lids have been the most long-term and perplexing shortage of the pandemic's past two years. Shortages began with toilet paper, which eventually got resolved, moved on to such odd scarcities as no fruitcake mix for Christmas 2020 (which mysteriously reappeared in mid-summer 2021), and even some types of Girl Scout cookies this winter.

But since the summer of 2020, when supposedly everybody in America was staying home, planting garden and canning produce, lids for canning jars have remained in short supply.
Lois Thielen

This was understandable during the first several months of the pandemic until the canning lid suppliers could catch up with the unprecedented demand. But the scarcity of canning jar lids didn't change throughout the pandemic. Consumers kept wondering why there there were so few lids available and why they became so expensive.

What consumers didn't know was that canning lids (around since 1884) and canning jars (around since 1858) are no longer being made by Ball and Kerr, the two big manufacturers of American canning supplies. A few years before the pandemic, these companies had sold out to a mega-corporation called Newell Brands.
Full article by Lois Thielen at the SC Times here.

:munchin