Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Soapbox (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Protecting the Second Amendment – Why all Americans Should Be Concerned (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40772)

gwbarnes 02-04-2013 12:33

Best I have seen

Kudos to the author(s) of this letter, and its thousand plus signatories. I have seen it posted on firearms, shooting and political sites everywhere. It was through a link that I found and joined this site. Great work.

CHET18Z 02-04-2013 18:47

Well said!

The Income Tax is found in Subtitle A of Title 26 USC (IRC). It is the most pervasive control mechanism of the US government on American citizens. It only applies to the class of persons on which Congress laid the Income Tax. Are you part of that class? Can you state the attributes of that class? Do you know where in the IRC the details of that class are published? What, if any, are the circumstances that brought you into that class? Does not being able to answer these questions suspend your right to property?

As a 25+ year veteran of the ache, pain, terror, pleasure and utter exhilaration that is the life of a Special Forces Trooper, I have taken De Oppresso Libre to the masses at www.nontaxpayer.us. If you would require the US government to obey the Constitution, join me in defunding their antics today. Or you can accept being spanked with a plank of the Communist Manifesto in sullen resignation. The choice is yours. :munchin

Razor 02-04-2013 19:08

Proud to stand with my brothers as a signer.

scooter 02-04-2013 19:31

Chet18Z, interesting profile. Apparently during your European Escapade, South of the Border Snookering, and Oriental Orientation, you forgot how to follow instructions.

Edit.
Chet18Z, Post an introduction

SF18C 02-04-2013 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by scooter (Post 488316)
Chet18Z, interesting profile. Apparently during your European Escapade, South of the Border Snookering, and Oriental Orientation, you forgot how to follow instructions.

Edit.
Chet18Z, Post an introduction

^ I was thinking the same!

tonyz 02-04-2013 21:38

It looks like the good people of upstate NY are responding to the state assault on the 2A. Pray that the misguided politicians come to their senses and listen to the words of otherwise law abiding citizens. A short 4 minute video.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=BTdhV...KQ%26index%3D1

Old Dog New Trick 02-05-2013 14:21

Those who own, won't answer, or deny owning a gun in congress.

Handy little interactive map of those in congress that either own guns, won't answer or say they do not.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...f_congress.htm

Seems favorable to not passing new laws, or showing the level of hypocracy in congress if something new does pass.

orion5 02-05-2013 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick (Post 488573)
Handy little interactive map of those in congress that either own guns, won't answer or say they do not.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...f_congress.htm

Seems favorable to not passing new laws, or showing the level of hypocracy in congress if something new does pass.

That's a very interesting chart....I hope they continue to push those 17 Democrat Senators who've declined or not answered. According to the Pew Research Center, 25% of gun owners are Democrats. Already 31% (16 out of 52) of the Dem Senators have indicated they're gun owners, which is more than their constituents, and I suspect the percentage is even higher than that.

But I know there are many gun owners, or people neutral to guns, that have fallen into the trap of condemning anything labeled "assault" or "hi cap". According to Pew, this is especially true of women, minorities, young people, urbanites and north easterners. The percentages are pretty clear. If we want to drive a grass roots effort, or drive the national lobby, it needs to be directed towards re-educating those groups on what the 2A means, and why the current gun laws are not effective in eliminating gun crime.

Pew Research Center article: [LINK]

Team Sergeant 02-06-2013 10:22

One of the local towns here in the Phoenix area has a good idea. An elementary school principle asked the local police if they would like to utilize an empty office at the school as a police substation. The police agreed and now the police can do paperwork, make phone calls etc from that substation without the need to return the police HQ and get the small stuff done.

Not a bad idea.

Sdiver 02-06-2013 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team Sergeant (Post 488799)
One of the local towns here in the Phoenix area has a good idea. An elementary school principle asked the local police if they would like to utilize an empty office at the school as a police substation. The police agreed and now the police can do paperwork, make phone calls etc from that substation without the need to return the police HQ and get the small stuff done.

Not a bad idea.

Nice.

Douglas county, just south of Denver, is doing something along those same lines. PD officers are sitting in school parking lots during their lunch breaks and either doing paperwork in their cars, or they are invited inside and get a free lunch (or they bring their own), which they're more than happy to sit with the kids.

PedOncoDoc 02-06-2013 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sdiver (Post 488802)
Nice.

Douglas county, just south of Denver, is doing something along those same lines. PD officers are sitting in school parking lots during their lunch breaks and either doing paperwork in their cars, or they are invited inside and get a free lunch (or they bring their own), which they're more than happy to sit with the kids.

Eating with the kids is a nice touch - if the proper officers are sent, it can develop a positive opinion of law enforcement and provide role models for those children who are lacking in either. It can also remind police officers that kids don't always make the best decisions, but that doesn't make them criminals.

MR2 02-06-2013 12:05

Excellent ideas developed at the local level - more fodder for the Talking Points.

Badger52 02-06-2013 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR2 (Post 488819)
Excellent ideas developed at the local level - more fodder for the Talking Points.

Nice to see; that's where it's at. (Solutions, that is.)

mark46th 02-06-2013 14:48

"One of the local towns here in the Phoenix area has a good idea. An elementary school principle asked the local police if they would like to utilize an empty office at the school as a police substation. The police agreed and now the police can do paperwork, make phone calls etc from that substation without the need to return the police HQ and get the small stuff done." TS

And they can hit on the young, hot teachers...