Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Introductions V (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36757)

keeper 04-21-2014 11:54

Introduction

Hello,

28 years old former Air Force attempting to re-enlist in the Army under an 18x contract. First order of business is to take a color vision exam this week. According to the Air Force I am color blind but they only accept the PIP so I am requesting to take the FALANT and vivid red/green test. After that I'll need to convince my wife this is a good idea.

Thanks everyone involved for creating such a useful resource for all of us that are trying to figure the correct way to go about becoming a QP.

SF_BHT 04-21-2014 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by keeper (Post 548475)
Hello,

28 years old former Air Force attempting to re-enlist in the Army under an 18x contract. First order of business is to take a color vision exam this week. According to the Air Force I am color blind but they only accept the PIP so I am requesting to take the FALANT and vivid red/green test. After that I'll need to convince my wife this is a good idea.

Thanks everyone involved for creating such a useful resource for all of us that are trying to figure the correct way to go about becoming a QP.

Welcome to the board. If you need to get her permission turn around and reenlist in the AF. You have to make this decision on your own as you will not have her with you during Selection, Training or on a team. You have to man up and say This is what I am going to do and do it or you will not have the mindset to accomplish the long road to a team. She will have to support you whatever your decision or you will never last or she will not last. An SF wife is a unique person and many have fallen by the wayside.

The Eye test is the same one for a flight physical but for the life of me I can not remember if they accept the PHP or FALANT.
Good Luck.......

JD11C 04-21-2014 17:21

Introduction

Hello,

I am currently serving in the TXARNG as an 11C. I have been browsing this site for a long time, and recently registered. My current goal is to score a 300 on my APFT. My 50m target is to attend and pass the SFRE for one of the 19th Group units in Texas. Thank you to all of the QP's on the forum for all of the information presented here.

keeper 04-21-2014 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by SF_BHT (Post 548483)
Welcome to the board. If you need to get her permission turn around and reenlist in the AF. You have to make this decision on your own as you will not have her with you during Selection, Training or on a team. You have to man up and say This is what I am going to do and do it or you will not have the mindset to accomplish the long road to a team. She will have to support you whatever your decision or you will never last or she will not last. An SF wife is a unique person and many have fallen by the wayside.

The Eye test is the same one for a flight physical but for the life of me I can not remember if they accept the PHP or FALANT.
Good Luck.......

Appreciate the welcome but I never said anything about permission, just that my next order of business was to get her on board. I'm not sure if you're married or not but when training and preparing for selection I would rather have her support then have an added worry of my marriage failing and losing my son. From what I gather on this board even the smallest distraction or mishap can cause failure along the way so I plan to limit the amount of distractions as much as possible.

Nothing is going to stop me from reaching my goals but if I can reach my goals with my marriage intact that would be the preferred way.

The Reaper 04-21-2014 20:29

This is the Introductions thread.

We try to keep it relatively uncluttered, for a number of reasons.

Please take personal exchanges to a new thread, or to PM.

Thank you.

TR

CaptAmerica 04-21-2014 21:38

introduction

hey all im in the 18x enlistment program , i dont wanna give my info all out cause im not sure if i can do so without getting in trouble , if i find out i can i will release it then however the reason im here is i wanna learn as much i can from this site so i can be successful with all my training etc.... thanks

I am Al 04-22-2014 10:27

Intro

Army 73-76. Aviation support. Stationed at Ord, Casey-ROK, and Devens.

Used the GI Bill to get through college and spent the last 35 years designing and building computer systems that are used to gather and analyze data (business, not military).

I've been browsing the forums for a while. I saw an unanswered question by MtnGoat in an area where I have some experience. Sent him a response by PM. He asked if I'd post my response to his thread on integrating the Zachman framework with Social Network Analysis.

I'll be a one time poster and then just go back to reading.

wparti00 04-23-2014 07:52

Hello all.

Long time lurker first time poster. I'm a 22 y/o civilian EMT attending Paramedic school while working in a high volume ER. I became captivated by SF after learning about the medical training the Deltas receive. Then I found the 18x contract and have had my heart set ever since (would be honored to serve in any SF MOS).

Right now I'm training to get my apft as close to 300 as possible and my ruck miles as quick as possible and will continue to do so while I gain experience as a Paramedic. After which I will enlist under an 18x contract and hopefully get selected.

I will probably not post much (am very familiar with the search button), but would like the option to do so, so here I am.

wkaar 04-23-2014 13:42

Hello, I am an 18 year old high school student about to go to college for 6 months to recover from a surgery, then hopefully enlist with an 11b Option 40 contract. I'm highly motivated, love the outdoors and firearms, and can't wait to learn as much as I can whenever I can.

highlander282 04-23-2014 16:38

Introduction

Hey everybody,

I have been using this site for sometime for advice and tips on being selected and pursuing a career in SF. I am 24, served in the 82nd for a little over 6 years as a 13F and am a new father. I have always intended to tryout for Special Forces since I was kid, my dad was SF and I wanted to be sure I had a little combat and leadership experience before I took this on. Thanks for all the solid guidance on here. Heading to SFAS in two days, thanks again.

3brain 04-25-2014 21:40

Intro

Hi everyone. My name is Jeff W. I've been in the service 9 yrs, 3 regular army tours, 2x Iraq, 1x Afg , as an infantryman. I am planning on attending SFAS within the year or a year's time. I'm currently in FWA hoping to get an instructor job with the NWTC. Got a friend in 7th GRP. Talk to him as often as possible to glean info for success. I don't plan on posting more than this intro, unless I make it.

Thank you mods for taking your time to make this place. I've read over quite a bit and haven't found anything I didn't learn from. And thank you to all the QPs who have paved the way.

CapeBuffalo02 04-26-2014 15:54

Introduction

Hello all, I am 30 years old and served in the Army for ten years. First in the NG as a 31C (Radio Operator) in the 143rd LRS. Went active duty to become a 19D (Cav Scout) in the 1-18th Infantry. Then went to SFAS/Qualification Course and graduated in 2009. And was an 18B in C Co 4th Batt 3rd SFG until I ETS in 2012. Glad to be a member of this forum, have enjoyed many of the threads here as a lurker for years.

Waray Warrior 04-28-2014 01:34

Introduction

Time is near, selection/evaluation next month.
I began my military career July 2008.
I am training hard since the recruiter tested me in February 2014 and my desire is great.
I have purchased the book by Major Martin with Master sergeant Rex Dodson and using it as a guide in my training.
I dont know that I will pass the selection process but I will do my best.
It would be my honor to work with our top soldiers.
May GOD bless us all.

theloopersc88 04-29-2014 13:44

Introduction

Hello QPs, thank you very much for creating this website. I learned a lot from it while going through the recruitment process for the Army.

I am 25 years old and have been in the DEP since early April. I'll be shipping out to Ft. Benning on the 20th of May, 2014. The Army liaison tried to sign me up for 18x due to my scores, but alas... Medical waiver for an arthroscopic surgery years ago DQ'd me. I was pretty let down but I enlisted as an 11x and am gunning for an SOF slot in the Army the old fashioned way, determination! I'll be reading through the forum some more to find as many pointers as possible.

eramnes 05-01-2014 18:01

Greetings:

Thank you for your service and the opportunity to participate on this site.

My name is Eric and I am a Server Administrator for a number of colleges and universities in North Dakota.

I have been following this forum for some time after being referred here by NDD's post on "Training the Mind".

I have an interest in firearms and self-sufficiency. I value reading QP opinions on insurgencies and guerrilla warfare as I believe they will be relevant during a "collapse" situation. I've found the information in the "SF Fieldcraft" and "The Early Bird" forum especially useful.

I'm hoping I can be of some value here, especially with any posts "concerning the Matrix", so if you need some computer assistance you can feel free to ask me. I'll try to avoid getting too far out of my lane on other subjects.

Thank you again for the opportunity to be part of this community.