Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Just One Question (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=924)

NousDefionsDoc 03-11-2004 15:05

Just One Question

If you could go back and time and ask anybody just one question that they would have to answer truthfully - who would it be and what would you ask them?

DunbarFC 03-11-2004 15:17

Abraham Lincoln

My question - was the Emancipation Proclimation something you actually believed in or was it a political move done during war time to rattle your enemy

Guy 03-11-2004 18:24

Bill Clinton...

Why in the HELL! Don't you ever tell the truth?

brownapple 03-11-2004 19:16

Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Why did you keep a communist as your Yalta advisor?

DunbarFC 03-11-2004 19:28

If I might be so bold as to add a second person

I'd like to go back and ask Grady Little why he was leaving Pedro Martinez in the game, then club him over the head and bring in Alan Embree and save Red Sox nation the agony of Aaroon F-ing Boone

brownapple 03-11-2004 21:37

Quote:

Originally posted by DunbarFC
If I might be so bold as to add a second person

I'd like to go back and ask Grady Little why he was leaving Pedro Martinez in the game, then club him over the head and bring in Alan Embree and save Red Sox nation the agony of Aaroon F-ing Boone

You still would have lost. It's the Red Sox.

Smokin Joe 03-11-2004 23:25

Re: Just One Question

Quote:

Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
If you could go back and time and ask anybody just one question that they would have to answer truthfully - who would it be and what would you ask them?
God

Why?

FullGallop 03-12-2004 00:00

Quote:

Originally posted by Guy
Bill Clinton...

Why in the HELL! Don't you ever tell the truth?

OR......

What up with all the ugly chicks?

P36 03-12-2004 00:07

After noticing that my status here is ASSET, I would just like to ask NousDefionsDoc one question: "Who is my handler?"
;)

NousDefionsDoc 03-12-2004 09:18

Quote:

Originally posted by P36
After noticing that my status here is ASSET, I would just like to ask NousDefionsDoc one question: "Who is my handler?"

It, as with all things in our world, is a Team effort.:D

NousDefionsDoc 03-12-2004 09:21

Since I asked, I'll answer. While I have a long list of "What the hell were you thinking?", I'll skip that one.

I think Allen Dulles. "Who do you think was involved in the assassination of JFK?"

Allen Dulles because I think he would know, he was DCI prior and on the investigation team. I would really like to know once and for all sho all was involved in the assassination.

DunbarFC 03-12-2004 09:23

Quote:

Originally posted by Greenhat
You still would have lost. It's the Red Sox.
True

But I would have gotten to club Grady

NDD that's a great question and was right up there on my list as well

Perhaps we could also ask Oswald as well what he knew or didn't know

CommoGeek 03-12-2004 09:35

Quote:

Originally posted by DunbarFC
Perhaps we could also ask Oswald as well what he knew or didn't know
That would be my choice. Who REALLY was L. H. Oswald?

AngelsSix 03-12-2004 17:41

I would go back and ask OBL why the fuck he turned to the dark side.

Was that too harsh??

Too bad.

Then I would put a bullet right between his eyes.

That's the ticket.:lifter

NousDefionsDoc 03-12-2004 17:45

Why do you care?

Roguish Lawyer 03-12-2004 17:50

Pre-GW II, Saddam Hussein: Where are your NBC weapons and related facilities located? ;)

P36 03-12-2004 22:44

Quote:

Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
It, as with all things in our world, is a Team effort.
Oh my! I'm a control problem...but so long as you wine and dine me....

CRad 03-13-2004 22:18

Hirohito

I would ask Hirohito if it was worth the shot or given the way it turned out would he try a different tack.

NousDefionsDoc 03-13-2004 22:57

Jimmy Hoffa

Where the hell were you?

Pandora 03-14-2004 00:04

Clinton. Why did you marry her in the first place?

Ockham's Razor 03-14-2004 01:29

August 1778 Gen. Nathanael Greene. Battle of Rhode Island...

Where do you need me, Sir?

The Reaper 03-14-2004 08:19

Mohammed.

Do you really want your followers mired in the past, killing themselves and large numbers of innocent civilians in your name and ostensibly based on your teachings for the next several hundred years?

Richard 11-22-2010 09:10

{bump} And on this date, the 47th anniversary of President Kennedy's assassination here in Dallas, I would ask him:

"What is the one thing you wanted most to accomplish during your presidency and regret not having being able to finish?"

And so it goes...

Richard :munchin

Dusty 11-22-2010 09:27

For the American voters; "How could you have been so collectively stupid as to elect Barak Hussein Obama?"

Snaquebite 11-22-2010 09:28

Mr.Woodchuck,

If you really could chuck wood, how much do you think you could chuck?

I really want to know.

Richard 11-22-2010 09:43

Quote:

Mr.Woodchuck,

If you really could chuck wood, how much do you think you could chuck?

I really want to know.
If you ever get a definitve answer, let me know. Based on my experiences with Woodchucks, Beavers, and the like, I figure it would be about 12 board feet per day.

However...YMMV...and so it goes...;)

Richard :munchin

Masochist 11-22-2010 10:33

Richard,

Good bump. I'm going to have to think about this one ...

In the meantime, this guy sounds like he has a decent amount of experience with woodchucks as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjGwusHrOtk

Masochist 11-22-2010 11:41

God, to ask him what his true intentions were and how far we've all strayed from them. I'd like to hear straight from his mouth, as whoever records history tends to add a tinge of bias (intentional or otherwise).

HisDisciple 11-22-2010 12:03

I would ask Gavrilo Princip who recruited men into the Black Hand, if he knew what foreseable consequence there would be for his actions of him and Gavrilo Princip's assination of the Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria. I would also tell them, "You might want to reconsider your plan."

akv 11-22-2010 13:09

I'd ask the Irish, why didn't you guys just fish during the potato famine, it is an island right?

Seriously though my question would be for General Lee before Pickett's Charge,

You are now between the Yankee army and Washington DC, why not pull back towards the capital and make the Feds attack you on ground of your choosing?

The Reaper 11-22-2010 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by akv (Post 358541)
I'd ask the Irish, why didn't you guys just fish during the potato famine, it is an island right?

Seriously though my question would be for General Lee before Pickett's Charge,

You are now between the Yankee army and Washington DC, why not pull back towards the capital and make the Feds attack you on ground of your choosing?

Longstreet tried that without success.

I would ask Muhammed WTF was he thinking/drinking.

TR

akv 11-22-2010 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by TR
Longstreet tried that without success.

Yes Sir I have read as much but even with the benefit of hindsight, I often wonder why Lee didn't take this advice. It was better for the Union he didn't.