Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Weapons Discussion Area (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Looking to buy an AR need help. (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55473)

angel 04-29-2021 18:24

Looking to buy an AR need help.

My wife and I where just awarded some reward money on a business creditcard. Since we can't cash it out, and we have 2 weeks before they expire. I was thinking of buying my first AR riffle. Since I'm still training I can't be there to buy it myself, im asking for recommendations, my price range is no more than $1,000. We are from California so it must be California legal. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I knew nothing about guns until I joined the army. So I came here for advice. I'm asking what you guys would buy or have bought. Thank you for your time.

Texas_Shooter 04-30-2021 06:44

Build

Build one yourself. Go out, find parts and build the AR yourself.

Chucko 04-30-2021 08:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by angel (Post 668833)
My wife and I where just awarded some reward money on a business creditcard. Since we can't cash it out, and we have 2 weeks before they expire. I was thinking of buying my first AR riffle. Since I'm still training I can't be there to buy it myself, im asking for recommendations, my price range is no more than $1,000. We are from California so it must be California legal. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I knew nothing about guns until I joined the army. So I came here for advice. I'm asking what you guys would buy or have bought. Thank you for your time.

Look on Grab-a Gun website. They have a lot of AR15 that seem nice for $1000.

mark46th 06-17-2021 09:44

Having just built an AR and living in California I would make the following recommendations-

1. No flash suppressor. Leave the end of the barrel plain.

2. Do not use the AR style pistol grip. use the finned pistol grip. I got mine at Turner's Outdoorsman.

In California, if your weapon has a flash suppressor and a standard pistol grip, you have an assault weapon and will have to purchase a rear pin that partially opens the lower to release the magazine for reloading. These are a pain in the rear. If you use the items I mentioned above, you will not need the specialized pin. I would recommend checking with a local gun shop and see what they can put together for you for $1000.00. It will save you worry and grief... I am in Southern California and can recommend a gunsmith. PM me if you like.

rubberneck 06-17-2021 19:22

At $1000 you’re at the upper end of the budget brands guns. If you can find one IWI makes a California compliant Zion-15. Was at a class this past fall and the guy next to me was running one and I was impressed with the quality for the price point. At the time they were $850. A quick look shows they can be found for less than a $1000.