Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   18F (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   The Role of Social Media in Mobilizing Political Protest, Movement, and Revolution. (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44131)

MtnGoat 01-27-2014 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surf n Turf (Post 539072)
Social Media ---- sounds sort of 1984 on Steroids. "Mass Disturbance" could be defined as anything --- TEA party meeting, NRA dinner, afternoon at the range, Meeting your local congress critter.

SnT

the situation on the streets of Kiev, Ukraine, is much calmer today. Protesters are still out in force but now it appears that the government is ready to negotiate after violent clashes this week left at least three people dead.

Well, in the midst of all the protests, a strange thing happened earlier this week when protesters got text messages on their phone that said: Dear subscriber, you are registered as a participant in a mass disturbance.

---were you surprised by this at all, that a text message like this could go out to all these people who were gathered in one place?

I was a little surprised that the government would advertise that it could do such a thing to try to quell a protest,

There is something called a tower dump where you can just ask the phone company to pull down records from nearby cell towers to find out what's going on and what, you know, what subscribers connected to a particular tower at a particular time. You can get a bunch of data on the people who are nearby just by asking for that information at times. --- The U.S. law enforcement agencies made more than 9,000 requests for tower dumps in 2012. ----

But you don't need to do that because you could also put up something called a stingray, a rogue cell tower yourself if you were a government who wanted to find out what's going on in a given area.

Short of turning off your phone or not using a phone at all, is there anything that you can do to protect yourself from something like this, from a government, wherever it may be, tracking where you are and then sending you a text message to tell you that it knows where you are? --- I can't think of anything offhand

http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2014/01/2...etadata-lesson

Outside of using new phones. But that doesn't help. Two words... Voice recognition.

MtnGoat 01-27-2014 20:22

Angry Birds surveillance app

I wondered how long this would pop up. Just never thought Angry Birds.. Haha

Jay Carney ducks Angry Birds surveillance question

Victoria Jones of Talk News Radio Service framed her question around the avian app.

Quote:

The NSA is lurking in the background of your game of Angry Birds, waiting to scoop up all your personal data as you lob hapless creatures into the air,” she said. “This is the last bastion of American freedom has been breached. I mean, there seems to be something particularly egregious about going after leaky apps
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/0...#ixzz2regwFgmm

Heck here I thought my Angry Birds Star Wars was a time killer at the doctors office, dang it's a surveillance app pulling all my mobile bonner and contacts. Dang. Like to know what they think on my three SIM card cell phone. Guess that Mac and mini numbers are tag.

Peregrino 01-27-2014 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surf n Turf (Post 539072)
Short of turning off your phone or not using a phone at all, is there anything that you can do to protect yourself from something like this, from a government, wherever it may be, tracking where you are and then sending you a text message to tell you that it knows where you are? --- I can't think of anything offhand

http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2014/01/2...etadata-lesson

SHIELDSAK, a product of the LOKSAK Corporation. Because just turning off your cellphone isn't enough. (Don't forget to turn your phone off before "bagging" it, otherwise it'll drain the battery as it searches fruitlessly for connectivity.)

tonyz 01-27-2014 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peregrino (Post 539129)
SHIELDSAK, a product of the LOKSAK Corporation. Because just turning off your cellphone isn't enough. (Don't forget to turn your phone off before "bagging" it, otherwise it'll drain the battery as it searches fruitlessly for connectivity.)

Cool.

Does it come in a hat shape/sizes ? ;)

MtnGoat 01-28-2014 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brush Okie (Post 539132)
NSA has been logging you playing games on your cell phone at work and it WILL show up on your next NCOER. Now you know why your promotions are not coming as you expected. :p

I knew that years ago. Doesn't matter, I'm retiring this year. :p

Flagg 02-11-2015 12:30

Article on the social media TTPs and media manipulation of Leftist radical.

http://observer.com/2015/02/exclusiv...d-his-message/

MtnGoat 02-11-2015 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flagg (Post 574917)
Article on the social media TTPs and media manipulation of Leftist radical.

Link is Missing Flagg!! :munchin

Are you talking about the one covering Peter Young?

Flagg 02-11-2015 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by MtnGoat (Post 574928)
Link is Missing Flagg!! :munchin

Are you talking about the one covering Peter Young?

That's the one!

Sorry for forgetting to add it to my post(edited now).

Good article.

On one hand, infuriating.

On the other, enlightening.

I couldn't help but think that it could represent a partial foundation for a digital generation's version of Alinsky's rules.

Penn 11-07-2020 21:22

Seven years down the road, everything discussed in this thread was employed to undermine the Trump Administration. The assault harnessed the entire structure of SM and its communal relationship to the entire world. In my mind, it's the greatest domestic UW campaign ever undertaken. Even to the point, that blatant voter fraud as an accepted outcome is nothing less than a stunning achievement to goal.

Flagg 11-08-2020 04:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penn (Post 663600)
Seven years down the road, everything discussed in this thread was employed to undermine the Trump Administration. The assault harnessed the entire structure of SM and its communal relationship to the entire world. In my mind, it's the greatest domestic UW campaign ever undertaken. Even to the point, that blatant voter fraud as an accepted outcome is nothing less than a stunning achievement to goal.

One of my favourite threads here.

Thanks for resurrecting it.

Sadly, it reads like an exact copy of strategy, doctrine, and operational execution for:

DNC
Antica
BLM
Black Bloc

1)Mixed with “Left-Tech” social media platform capacity and capability “mass” with relevant lessons learned and dusted off from the Arab Spring, particularly Libya/Egypt.

2)DNC portraying the role of Sinn Fein’s offset political wing to the above’s IRA.

3)Application of Saul Alinksy’s Rules for Radicals to portray assault groups as victims

4)Mimic the pre--ultra-violence Baader-Meinhoff Red Army Faction “Robin Hood/Honeymoon”phase of strong public support

It looks and feels like a plug-and-play Lego set of classic and contemporary best practices for a UW campaign.

What does a successful C-UW campaign look like here?

7624U 11-09-2020 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flagg (Post 663610)
One of my favourite threads here.

What does a successful C-UW campaign look like here?

Have them Fight each other because they love to break shit and posting it on social media.

Surf n Turf 11-09-2020 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penn (Post 663600)

Penn,

You are spot on that this was almost a blueprint of the “attempted” take-down of President Trump.

I remembered reading this information, but could not recollect the source.

Thanks for reviving this thread.

SnT

tom kelly 11-10-2020 14:25

TRUMP'S RESPONSE:

President Trump should have responded to the attacks on him & his presidency by DETAINING everyone associated with the ongoing coup attempt. Now he can declare martial law and take into protective custody EVERYONE who may be in danger from enemies foreign & domestic.

Noslack71 12-17-2020 12:29

Boycott Social and Corporate Media

The New York Post reported that Facebook hired 6 Chinese from the PRC to create
Censorship algorithms to use against Americans, the lies, propaganda, etc put out by
Social and Corporate media a couple of us decided Enough! The only way to get their attention is a Boycott. The only things that get their attention are money and power.
There are approximately fifty folks, who have joined in since Monday, business owners, etc. are reaching out to their friends to join them. A Grass Roots Boycott can
get their attention. If just half of Trump voters join the Boycott, that will create financial pain for the stockholders and stakeholders. Tough to censor financial failure.
A Grass Roots Boycott will get a bit of attention. While an election might cause fraud, failure, etc. loss of money equals loss of power and pain. Let's make them hurt like like our small businesses and restaurants are.
Thank you
NoSlack71

Penn 01-03-2022 08:34

SM and your participation is a psych game.

Very insightful interview with the former CEO of Google, Eric Schmidt how the MSM used emotion to generate clicks, which impacts bottom line. To change SM, don't be a poster responding to baited content.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...-taylor-greene

Box 01-03-2022 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penn (Post 672558)
Very insightful interview with the former CEO of Google, Eric Schmidt how the MSM used emotion to generate clicks, which impacts bottom line. To change SM, don't be a poster responding to baited content.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...-taylor-greene

Joe Rogan is a strange animal.

It's great that he has opened his eyes to the evils of the "thought police" but don't forget - he is still just a dope smoking hippy that would love to see Michelle Obama in the white house.
...and those are the people he votes for. These are the people guys like him have ALWAYS voted for - these are the people they will CONTINUE to vote for in spite of failed social policies. The only reasons thee people are suddenly worried about freedom of speech is because it is THEIR speech that is suddenly in danger.

The shit going on "today" with social media is just a 20 year old "I told you so" from people that have been saying this was where we were going all along.
-The same way that people who thought DADT was a bad idea that would lead to the military paying for trannies to get boob jobs and fabricated penises.
-The same ones that said legalizing weed as a recreational drug would lead to more problems.
-The same ones that are now referred to as irredeemable and deplorable.

Back in the 90's it was funny for people to call me a conspiracy nut. Now I'm just an asshole who doesn't understand why a man with gender dysphoria and sagging titties can be the Assistant Secretary of Health. Incrementalism mother fuckers - lets not act like we weren't warned this was coming. People are marrying trees now - and it's only going to get worse.

Eye told ewe sew.

Badger52 01-03-2022 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Box (Post 672559)

It's great that he has opened his eyes to the evils of the "thought police" but don't forget - he is still just a dope smoking hippy that would love to see Michelle Obama in the white house.
...and those are the people he votes for. These are the people guys like him have ALWAYS voted for - these are the people they will CONTINUE to vote for in spite of failed social policies. The only reasons thee people are suddenly worried about freedom of speech is because it is THEIR speech that is suddenly in danger.

The shit going on "today" with social media is just a 20 year old "I told you so" from people that have been saying this was where we were going all along.
-The same way that people who thought DADT was a bad idea that would lead to the military paying for trannies to get boob jobs and fabricated penises.
-The same ones that said legalizing weed as a recreational drug would lead to more problems.
-The same ones that are now referred to as irredeemable and deplorable.

Back in the 90's it was funny for people to call me a conspiracy nut. Now I'm just an asshole who doesn't understand why a man with gender dysphoria and sagging titties can be the Assistant Secretary of Health. Incrementalism mother fuckers - lets not act like we weren't warned this was coming. People are marrying trees now - and it's only going to get worse.

Eye told ewe sew.

Thank you. I was beginning to wonder if there was a threshold & suspected there wasn't one. I've been told I'm an asshole a time or too.

Given current course, speed (and fuel on-board) what do you think the average hang-time is for conspiracy theory before it becomes policy? Or last week's fishwrap? That window has to be shortening up.

Box 01-03-2022 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger52 (Post 672562)
...what do you think the average hang-time is for conspiracy theory before it becomes policy?.

Ponder this - how big does the Arkancide list need to be before it stops being a coincidence?

Paslode 01-04-2022 07:48

Quote:

Bill Marr and Jon Stewart are two more strange animals to add in with Joe Rogan. They are all coming off as voices of reason, growing their base and at least in Rogans case infiltrating the new social media platforms like Gettr. And they are all Obama and Clinton acolytes.

I view them as Trojan horses, then again they may just be opportunists.

Box 01-04-2022 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paslode (Post 672564)
Bill Marr and Jon Stewart are two more strange animals to add in with Joe Rogan. They are all coming off as voices of reason, growing their base and at least in Rogans case infiltrating the new social media platforms like Gettr. And they are all Obama and Clinton acolytes.

I view them as Trojan horses, then again they may just be opportunists.

The unfortunate state of current day aMErican society is that even liberal extremists from the 1990's and early 2000's are starting to seem sane.

Joe Rogan first came to fame by sensationalizing desperate attention whores that were willing to eat raw pig brains and let people put them in a big fish tank full of spiders in hopes that they would get some money and some public exposure.
...now he gets pissed off and attacks the establishment because the establishment ridiculed his health care choices. Otherwise, he has spent the last 20 years using social media to "pretend bash" the same establishment that he has helped repeatedly vote into office so they could legalize his recreational drug use and allow illegal aliens to flood across our southern border.

Jon Stewart is a Jewish guy that once reminded us that people from Hamas view themselves as freedom fighters - and when you can say such a thing and even Hillary Clinton does a double take at what you just said...
...well, make your own judgements about who Jon Stewart "really" is.

Bill Mahr?
Bro - I can't even begin to imagine were I would begin to start a diatribe about the shit he says.

Now - here we are - a culture poisoned by corrupt politicians and self serving celebrities posting videos from their 50 acre mansion letting us know "we are all in this together" and all one of them has to say in order to fool people into thinking they are moral benevolent souls is is "hey mother fucker - my body my choice" referring to their preferred COVID treatment modalities - or they finally suggest that MAYBE now that the cancel culture is attacking fellow LIBERALs that MAYBE we should back off the woke a few notches - or that we should take some of our squandered tax money and start spending it to care for the injured and ill Police and Fireman that survived the attack on the World Trade Center.
Forget all of the other ludicrous shit these jokers have spouted on social media for the last 20 years and suddenly the aMErican public starts to look at these jackasses like they are some sort of modern day Mark Twain.

Fuck that - they are all part of the same club.

I don't hate them for being hypocrites - hypocrisy is my FAVORITE flavor of social kool-aid.
I just hate them for their particular strains of hypocrisy.

Old Dog New Trick 01-04-2022 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Box (Post 672565)

Fuck that - they are all part of the same club.

I don't hate them for being hypocrites - hypocrisy is my FAVORITE flavor of social kool-aid.
I just hate them for their particular strains of hypocrisy.

That’s the “Omnicon” strain.

rsdengler 01-04-2022 11:29

Quote:

Eye told ewe sew.

Underrated comment...You go guy...:D

Box 01-04-2022 21:38

I'll tell you what's really, really, REALLY, an underrated comment: The level of embarrassment I'd feel if a creature from outer space landed their ship in my yard...
...climbed out of his spaceship
...brandished a super technological death ray
...showed me a device that allowed extraterrestrials to monitor earth social media platforms
...looked me right in the eye
...spoke to me in a language I understood and said:

"Take me to your leader"

For fuck sake - the thought of that happening in 2022 America causes me a level of anxiety that most of you will never understand.

Trapper John 01-05-2022 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Box (Post 672570)
I'll tell you what's really, really, REALLY, an underrated comment: The level of embarrassment I'd feel if a creature from outer space landed their ship in my yard...
...showed me a device that allowed extraterrestrials to monitor earth social media platforms

"Take me to your leader"

For fuck sake - the thought of that happening in 2022 America causes me a level of anxiety that most of you will never understand.

A modest half-bow followed by "At your service" seems appropriate to me. :D

Box 01-05-2022 10:49

Can you just imagine telling a sentient being from outer space that our planet is led by people with names like Biden, Harris, Trudeau, Jong-Un, Jinping, Cuomo, Pelosi - for fuck sake the list of morally and ethically corrupt degenerates and Ne'er-do-wells that make up this planets governing class just goes on and on and on and on and on annnnd on.
...I'd be so ashamed of telling them the truth about who we have selected to manage our planets day to day operations that I'd probably just pass out from the stress.

Lord knows, if I was an emissary from another planet and picked up the social media feed coming from this third rock from the sun - well - lets just say I'd put the Illudium PU-36 explosive space modulator into action and get rid of this ridiculous experiment in civilized life forms faster than you can say "Illudium PU-36 explosive space modulator"

The collective behavior of earth inhabitants as they interact with one another on social media makes me very angry, very angry indeed.

rsdengler 01-05-2022 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Box (Post 672570)

"Take me to your leader"

Hahahaha....And if it's going to happen, you most likely will be first contact...:D

Box 01-05-2022 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsdengler (Post 672575)
Hahahaha....And if it's going to happen, you most likely will be first contact...:D

Mankind had better hope that I am not the first contact - it will not turn out the way people think it should.

Social media as a platform to mobilize political protest and activism would be the nothing compared to the new era that will be ushered in if I ever become the Dark Overlord of the Known Universe.

I would move my base of operations to planet Nibiru and every time something stupid went out on social media, every puny earthling would get zapped simultaneously with my Galactic Space-Tazer.
...two or seven zaps from my Galactic Space-Tazer and these puny earth dwellers would finally start to police themselves.

Or they wouldn't.
Eventually - if the noncompliance on social media continued - I would simply doom everyone to a lifetime inside of a rubber Mark Suckerberg suit and the only thing on TV would be reruns of RuPauls Drag Race.
...and the only meal choices will be Vegan BBQ ribs made out of Seitan and Jackfruit for earth's meat eaters and rare cooked select grade ground beef patties for earth's vegans.

I will not be denied!

rsdengler 01-05-2022 12:31

Just transport me to another planet....Please? :D

sg1987 01-05-2022 14:50

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Box (Post 672576)
Social media as a platform to mobilize political protest and activism would be the nothing compared to the new era that will be ushered in if I ever become the Dark Overlord of the Known Universe.
!

Wait a minute ....is this you???:D .....going into hiding now!

Box 01-05-2022 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by sg1987 (Post 672581)
Wait a minute ....is this you???:D .....going into hiding now!

While it may be true that he draws his power from the downside of the Schwartz - he is no match for my skill with a double-edged Wokesaber. He is weak in the ways of social media and is no match for me.

I will fuck him right up without missing a beat and still be home in time to bugger his mom before social media can ban me for derailing their narrative.

I will take his dolls and sell them on eBay and then use the money to buy ammo for my cowboy guns.

sg1987 01-06-2022 11:44

Savage. I almost pity your adversaries... Almost.:D

Penn 01-11-2022 21:06

Box, if you ever find yourself in Jersey, dinner is on me.

JimP 01-12-2022 06:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penn (Post 672650)

Penn, I'd bet good money that we'll see a Richard Simmons "Jr" before we ever see Box in New Jersey.

tom kelly 01-12-2022 15:03

"Take me to your leader" ?

We have NO LEADER....

7624U 01-13-2022 07:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by tom kelly (Post 672665)
We have NO LEADER....

We have POT LUCK !

Trapper John 01-13-2022 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7624U (Post 672674)
We have POT LUCK !

And his communist half-brother Pol Pot, his Vietnamese cousins, Ngyen Ngo Luc, and Wu Wen Bad Luc. :D

rsdengler 01-13-2022 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Box (Post 672585)
While it may be true that he draws his power from the downside of the Schwartz - he is no match for my skill with a double-edged Wokesaber. He is weak in the ways of social media and is no match for me.

I will fuck him right up without missing a beat and still be home in time to bugger his mom before social media can ban me for derailing their narrative.

I will take his dolls and sell them on eBay and then use the money to buy ammo for my cowboy guns.

I'm F'ing Deceased.....LMAO :D

Trapper John 01-19-2022 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penn (Post 672650)

Box, That offer is definitely worth a trip to NJ! Let me know when you're in the AO.

Penn 01-25-2022 20:45

https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-tiffany-cross-war

Why isn't anyone reacting to this continual narrative? Again, imo, this affords BLM the right/opportunity to press their assault on law enforcement, within societal standards, due to MSM blessing and without condemnation from the political class, MSM, and the populace, which has been edit out of the conversation.

In my mind, the criminals that have been released, are the lefts brown shirts, firing the first shots. Without social support, law enforcement will continue to erode and society will implode.

The extreme left, is actually the main stream Democratic Party. They have no intention of pulling the radical left in, as the narrative that is slowly being presented in the election will be compromised/illegitimate, giving those brown shirts full authority to attack all who oppose them.

With law enforcement in decline, an active social native terrorist group, organized around released criminals as their core, harboring deep seated hate against law officer and society, with the blessing of MSM. The next 9 months will be hell.

A side question: Why isn't anyone, including all the talking heads on Fox News asking this question: Who is the far left group dunning the government? I ask because they, whoever they are, are not subject to federal protection, and if ID, should be exposed.