Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Briefback (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   1990 SF Recruitment Posters (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45318)

Firedude 03-06-2014 18:20

1990 SF Recruitment Posters

2 Attachment(s)
I have been looking around the forum and found a 1984 recruitment ad and that reminded me of these posters. I didn't know where I had hid them away years ago but was able to locate.

They were rolled up. Thus the coasters on the corners.

MR2 03-06-2014 19:18

I remember the first one - it was printed on green paper.

Richard 03-06-2014 19:18

2 Attachment(s)
I've got one of those in my library.

The SF Insignia was a poster the recruiters used to have, too. I don't remember where I got mine - must've been from the SF Recruiter at Fort Benning in '85 when I was the Tower Training Branch Chief.

Richard

Richard 03-06-2014 19:30

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MR2 (Post 544326)
I remember the first one - it was printed on green paper.

Like this one - another in my library.

Richard

Firedude 03-06-2014 19:38

That's a great idea Richard, to frame them. Hmmm, I'll have to look into that.

The first poster with the Ft. Bragg info is printed on a heavy stock paper while the second one is on a lighter stock but bigger.

Flagg 03-06-2014 20:39

Very cool……it has a quite spartan and Spartan feel about it.

I remember seeing a few Special Forces/Green Beret "trading cards" which looked too be part of a set that IIRC had a baseball card look and feel to them probably dating to around the 1960's.

VVVV 03-06-2014 21:07

Green Beret cards...

http://www.bubblegum-cards.com/Green-Berets/

Go Devil 03-07-2014 07:20

1 Attachment(s)
I've got that one as well.

Attachment 27552

SF_BHT 03-07-2014 07:46

In my preparation to move I am going through boxes that I have not opened in years. Yeah down sizing finally.....

Well I have run into most of these posters and some more things that I had forgotten about. They have been bringing back memories. it is amazing what you collect and when it is time to get rid of things it is funny what you toss and keep.

Hell I found my SF cards from the 60's and some comic books from back then.

mark46th 03-07-2014 09:10

I never saw any recruiting posters. While I was in BCT in July 1970, we had a short presentation from SFC Roy Green. I signed up right after the briefing.

Richard 03-07-2014 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark46th (Post 544366)
I never saw any recruiting posters. While I was in BCT in July 1970, we had a short presentation from SFC Roy Green. I signed up right after the briefing.

Same NCO - same briefing - same choice one month later. I remember a poster of a 12-man A-Team in his office area when I went to take the SFSBT.

Richard

mark46th 03-07-2014 11:27

Green was good at his job!!

CSB 03-07-2014 11:51

SF Recruiting Booklet 1970?

Question:

Does anyone, anyone, have or remember a recruiting booklet for Special Forces from about 1969-1970 with the following features:

- Full color on glossy card stock.

- Front had picture of an A Detachment with at least LBE, maybe rucks,and M-16's at sling arms.

- Inside were a few pages about SF, describing the duties of each member of an A Team.

- The booklet included one page that opened and had a row of sharpened pencils depicted on the left, with text that said: "You SHOULD consider Special Forces if:
and there were attributes like "are or willing to become Airborne qualified"
"can interact with foreign cultures" "have an aptitude for a foreign language"
"can perform with minimum supervision" and so on

- The next page folded over, and on the left side was a row of pencils with the eraser end up. That text said: "You should NOT consider Special Forces if:

and there were things like "you cannot qualify for a security clearance" "you
are not comfortable with foreign countries or cultures."

I thought it was an excellent source of information and inspiration. It worked for me.:D