Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Soapbox (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Protecting the Second Amendment – Why all Americans Should Be Concerned (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40772)

badshot 02-11-2013 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty (Post 489998)
'Fundamental transformation' means destroying the basis. Doesn't require any more subtle, complex, realistic or profound thought than does using an ax to chop down a tree.

Good point...fools still have to understand it

pcfixer 02-12-2013 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by grog18b (Post 489340)
I disagree with his premise that the right is a "political" right. It is a right, pre-dating any sort of Government. The intention of the 2ndA is simply a protection of that right. The right itself is not written. The reason it is not written is because once you write down a right, that then permits lawyers to dissect the right, just like people try to do with a simple statement like the 2ndA. That is the reason the right is not written as "We the people have the right to hunt." or "We the people have the right to use firearms to fight a corrupt Government." It is not written because it existed before the USofA. The simple right to have and use firearms for any legitimate purpose imagined. Even just for the hell of it if we want.
So, I disagree with the "political" reason for his description of why the 2ndA was needed when written. It is (IMHO) simply a statement insuring a right is not infringed upon. Also (IMHO) it is not doing its intended job. We are not allowing it to do its intended job.
Ever since 1934 the Government has been doing exactly what this statement (the 2ndA) prohibits. Infringing. Funny how almost every other right has been expanded. The speech right has been extended to the point of people being allowed to tell LEOs to fuck off, give them the finger, and so on. Say bad words on the radio, show tits and ass on TV, and so on and so on. The right to vote has also been expanded, from once only allowing property owners (white type, one each) to vote. That right has since been expanded to allow women, minorities, and such to vote. All this expansion is no doubt, good for the American Citizen. For some reason however, the right to bear firearms has been more and more restricted. I find this funny (not in a haha way) and sad at the same time. Why are we, as American Citizens allowing this to happen? Why are we not fighting this tooth and nail? Why did people allow this to happen in 1934 and onward?
:) Just some food for thought.

I agree with you on all the post, Most excellent thinking. Especially the RED
portions. "salute"

Lan 02-12-2013 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team Sergeant (Post 486627)

blanco5:
Well, we know who the first 1,100 people the government is going after!

My answer:
blanco5,
Just WHO do you think the government would send? :munchin
Team Sergeant

Thank you for sharing this Team Sergeant. It's an honor to witness what I believe is a pivotal moment in American History. I quoted this because blanco5 made a comment typical of someone who chooses his 1A over his 2A. We have 2 ears and 1 mouth for a reason, and if the typical liberal listened more they would understand that our 1A doesn't mean much without our 2A. Non thinking people like him are what will ultimately lead to the demise of our liberties. The most recent election proved they are the majority IMO.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

And for the politicians who are doing everything they falsely believe will better our society, or the ones who propose legislation that infringes on my safety to push a liberal agenda in an effort to be re elected-

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I appreciate the 1100 Quiet Professionals who made their stance known.

badshot 02-12-2013 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lan (Post 490519)
I appreciate the 1100 Quiet Professionals who made their stance known.

dido!

and there many others like yourself whom will not wavier.

Yours Truly,

Tired of wimps, whiners, freeloaders, lairs, and emotionally void intellectuals with poor reading comprehension and logic skills imposing their fears and limitations on others.

Boy that felt good...

ZonieDiver 02-12-2013 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by badshot (Post 490523)
dido!

and there many others like yourself whom will not wavier.

Yours Truly,

Tired of wimp's, winer's, freeloader's, lair's, and emotionally void intellectuals with poor reading comprehension and logic skills imposing their fears and limitations on others.

Boy that felt good...

How ironic!

badshot 02-12-2013 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZonieDiver (Post 490536)
How ironic!

Indeed :D

pcfixer 02-12-2013 19:49

Looks like some has the intestinal fortitude to just say it! ( Ie balls)

ZonieDiver 02-12-2013 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by badshot (Post 490566)
Indeed :D

I'm not sure what you meant by the above... with the :D, but I was attempting to point out the irony of your criticism of people with "poor reading comprehension and logic skills" in a post filled with poor spelling and punctuation.

Spellcheck is your friend.

(Note to Newbies:
Some might say this is not important, but it is. The value of your words is lessened by poor spelling and grammar. Take your time. If what you have to say is important, it is worth saying well.)

SF18C 02-12-2013 21:37

After watching the POTUS give the SOTU address my thoughts...

I agree with one thing BHO said: Let's have a vote!

Put YOUR name on the line that strips the 2nd A from us! Let us know where YOU stand!

Congress, let's have a vote!

badshot 02-12-2013 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZonieDiver (Post 490602)
I'm not sure what you meant by the above... with the :D, but I was attempting to point out the irony of your criticism of people with "poor reading comprehension and logic skills" in a post filled with poor spelling and punctuation.

Spellcheck is your friend.

(Note to Newbies:
Some might say this is not important, but it is. The value of your words is lessened by poor spelling and grammar. Take your time. If what you have to say is important, it is worth saying well.)

Thanks, I'll use my friend next time...and will correct the post when near a PC.

Richard 02-12-2013 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by badshot (Post 490625)
...and will correct the post when near a PC.

Too late. First impressions and such. Good luck in your next life.

Richard
:munchin

badshot 02-13-2013 00:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard (Post 490629)

Richard

And so it goes...

bluebb 02-13-2013 00:53

Originally Posted by Richard
Richard

Originally Posted by Badshot
and so it goes...

Badshot

oh snap :p

pcfixer 02-13-2013 18:03

NRA found this document
Quote:

Summary of Select Firearm Violence Prevention Strategies
Greg Ridgeway, Ph.D.
Deputy Director National Institute of Justice
http://www.nraila.org/media/10883516...olicy-memo.pdf

Memo from DOJ

http://americanvisionnews.com/5476/n...mo#commentlist

Badger52 02-13-2013 19:33

How embarassing for the NRA. Even the 2nd source reference gets it wrong, calling it a DoJ memo and then citing what it really is, a study by the Nat'l Institute of Justice. One is a Big Gov agency, the other a think-tank that takes grants & does studies. (They also did a similar one that examined the efficacy of the Clinton AWB.)

If you will give a reasonable read of the document you will see they are documenting what the prevalent thought process is for simplistic advocates of gun control, then what the actual measures needed are to make such an idiocy work, and then a discussion.

They get grant money sometimes from DoJ but when the result comes out looking like this - as many of the post-Clinton CDC studies did - you'll notice that the DoJ is not very quick to publish and say, "a-HA!"

Finally, 'cause I'm tired, they get their source of illegal gun information from....
drum roll please....
the ATF. If you look at the chart/graphic they provide you'll see that this is not saying 47% of sales are straw purchases, it's 47% of the illegal guns, which is an unknowable number even if you're a Big G agency running sting storefronts in Milwaukee. (sorry, bad example)

Frankly, one of the things that drives despots crazy with the issue of private sales of any kind is that they don't have the widget they can count. They know there are hundreds of millions of firearms out there based on 4473 actions. But - what - about - the - ones - they - don't - know - about ?

It's a study, worthy of a thorough read, not just the Adobe highlights added by a blog.