Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Special Forces Questions (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   After Basic (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6789)

ActionJackson 05-06-2005 12:50

After Basic

Hi, my name Is Kenny Jackson and I start Basic 06162005. I want to thank you for being the only place (as far as I know) that allows civilians to ask you great men questions about SF and get answers. I realize you men have a very busy scheldule and it is very kind of you to take time out for kids like myself. The origin of this thread is to find out information that no one has been able to grant me. When I went to MEPs, I was dissappointed when I learned that they would not be able to offer SF in my contract due to a past DUI. Then, another felt blow when they informed me they would not be able to offer me Ranger school. I was devestated but I wasn't gonna give up on my dream by these minor details. They told me that almost everyone is offered Ranger school and that it wasn't a big deal because I would easily have an opprotunity at Ranger school. As a SF soldier, what kind of steps would you recommend me take to get a shot at SF? I have yet been able to speak directly to a SF soldier, so again, your response is greatly respected and appreciated.

The Reaper 05-06-2005 14:12

AJ:

This lamentable error in judgement is going to continue to haunt you for the rest of your life.

Having said that, do not deny it (or it will be worse), just fess up and avoid alcohol related incidents in the future.

We see a lot of kids with one or two mistakes on their records who straighten up and are selected.

Work on building a history of good performance and no additional drinking problems.

Repeated incidents of the same nature mark you as a person who does not learn from his mistakes and one who is unlikely to be selected, regardless of your performance in SFAS.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

TR

ActionJackson 05-06-2005 15:00

Thank you very much, sir. Your wise words are very encouraging. There's no one night that could possibly be fun/exciting enough to put my life's goals and dreams at risk. Make note of the last name and maybe I'll have the honor of shaking your hand someday.... if I'm lucky! By the way, thanks once more, sir!

NousDefionsDoc 05-06-2005 15:17

Excellent posts young man. Wherever you end up, soldier hard. Best of luck to you.

Roguish Lawyer 05-06-2005 15:18

Good luck, AJ.

The Reaper 05-06-2005 15:34

Note to others.

This is how you ask questions, cowboy up, accept responsibility, and get on with your life.

Learn from this, as AJ has.

TR

Desert Fox 05-06-2005 15:35

Yeah! Good luck man!
Stay sharp!

ActionJackson 05-06-2005 15:37

Thank you very much, sir. I appreciate both posts. I'm gonna' turn that phrase into my favorite. That one's gonna' stay with me all the way through! Thanks again, sir.

ActionJackson 05-06-2005 15:55

Thanks to the others, too! Ya'll posted faster than I could reply. I really appreciate the support; God knows I'm not getting any (support) from my mom and girlfriend! :)

NousDefionsDoc 05-06-2005 15:57

Don't mess up a good thing by starting to whine about women. Let it go and move on. Go post a joke in the comedy forum.

alphamale 05-06-2005 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
Don't mess up a good thing by starting to whine about women.

Listen to NDD :D .

FrontSight

ActionJackson 05-06-2005 16:10

Sorry sir. Affirmative.

The Reaper 05-06-2005 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by ActionJackson
Sorry sir. Affirmative.

That is him.

Mr. FrontSight.

But you don't have to listen to his advice. Ever.

TR

Roguish Lawyer 05-06-2005 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper
That is him.

Mr. FrontSight.

But you don't have to listen to his advice. Ever.

TR

LMAO!

alphamale 05-06-2005 18:48

Brat !!! :p

TR, as previously established, you are just jealous of my smooth cylinder.

People email me "Sir, Bro" etc., about knife stuff and I never correct them. I figure it makes my muscle striations bigger. :lifter

Although with all the duct tape suggestions from that other topic, that could work too.

FrontSight