Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Special Forces Questions (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   SF mustache question (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1659)

ChaoticVirtuoso 05-05-2004 08:04

BTDT question

I've searched everywhere and used many resources but I still cant figure out why the majority of SF I see here at Bragg have mustaches...

Pardon my petty attempt at humor... but it is true... granted my extensive experience with SF is confined to the line at Burger King, the Gas Station and the 24-hour shoppette...

the oh-so humble -CV

Psywar1-0 05-05-2004 10:40

This is going to be fun.

The Reaper 05-05-2004 11:44

Re: BTDT question

Quote:

Originally posted by ChaoticVirtuoso
I've searched everywhere and used many resources but I still cant figure out why the majority of SF I see here at Bragg have mustaches...

Pardon my petty attempt at humor... but it is true... granted my extensive experience with SF is confined to the line at Burger King, the Gas Station and the 24-hour shoppette...

the oh-so humble -CV

Because they can, and the leadership doesn't like them.

TR

Team Sergeant 05-05-2004 12:22

It gives SF Sergeant Majors something to do...:D

Kyobanim 05-05-2004 12:46

Quote:

Originally posted by Team Sergeant
It gives SF Sergeant Majors something to do...
As is grow one or yell about them? :D

QRQ 30 05-05-2004 14:17

Well CV: All of the above are true. I grew a mustache in RVN to be different. When everyone else grew one I shaved mine off.

When I was on the SCUBA committee the team sergeant hated them and swire a mask wouldn't seal over one. I grew one just to prove him wrong.

Besides, they have an additional use as a ---- broom.:D

On anmother similar thought, our SGM in Germany looked out the window and saw a trooper walking across the courtyard with his hands in his pockets. He opened the window and yelled: "What's the matter soldier. Are your hands cold?" Without hesitating the soldier replied: "No sergeant major, I have them in my pockets."

froglegz 05-06-2004 21:02

and does anyone remember this.... sgt fonbiblio, why is there trash in this trash can???

18C4V 05-30-2004 12:10

Quote:

Originally posted by Team Sergeant
It gives SF Sergeant Majors something to do...:D
LOL,
Our FOB BN SGM was always pissed about modified grooming standards, baseball caps and complained to our Company SGM. To his credit, the Company SGM told him to "fuck off" and to leave us alone.

rwt_bkk 06-22-2004 12:13

SGM and Mustaches

Gotta agree, best reason to grow a mustache was to piss off the SGM. Mine hated mine. At the end of my promotion board he asked me if he could go fishing in Alaska (my home) with me when the war was over. I said no problem. He said you have to shave off your mustache first. I told him looks like he wouldn't be catching any fish in Alaska! Still have it along with the beard. Graduated from HS with a beard too. Mustache was a step down for me!
Besides the absolute best reason for a SF man to have a mustache is to savor the after smell....

Razor 06-22-2004 12:40

...and to advertise for mustache rides. ;)

lurch 07-18-2004 19:09

not to mention storing rations (food particles, dried snot etc...) for thos time when you couldn't stop to eat a John Wayne hershey bar.

colmurph 07-22-2004 14:24

Course the other reason could have something to do with the explanation we used to give about the old "3" prefix.........Sky Diver, Skin Diver,.......Muff Diver. LOL

QRQ 30 07-22-2004 14:53

I see colmurph is a conterporaty and four months older than I. Story in humor section -- "3" qualified.:D

lurch 07-22-2004 15:25

Of the 3 , I never got a chance to go to the schools (Halo, Scuba,) if there was a school for the 3d I didn't get to that one either, however, I did some OJT and developed a "taste" for it.

Seriously, to do scuba has always been a dream of mine. Next October I am going to take a course with Mr. Diver at Sharm-el Sheik, Egypt. Hopefully, I will then be 2 qualified.

Back to the mustache thing. I grew my first while at CCN and kept it for several years. Then someone said it made me look sad all the time (the drooping ends) and I shaved it off. I asked my current muff diving partner if I should grow it again, she gave a definite NO!!:p

TerribleTobyt 07-29-2004 21:56

Quote:

Originally posted by colmurph
Course the other reason could have something to do with the explanation we used to give about the old "3" prefix.........Sky Diver, Skin Diver,.......Muff Diver. LOL
Murph-

Good to see you on yet 'nuther Forum, Sir.

Later.

Toby
1-2,RT California