Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   Special Forces Questions (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Recruitment Question - Attached (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16122)

Eight Changes 10-26-2007 15:41

Recruitment Question - Attached

I am currently attending Airborne school at Fort Benning on my way to Parachute Rigger school. I also have an OPT40 Ranger contract so RIP is scheduled for me after that. My first choice MOS was 18X but I missed the age cut off for that contract by 2 months.

My roommate here at Airborne just got out of AIT for Intel and apparently is all set up to get attached to 7th group straight from here. This started me thinking about what it takes to get attached to a group.

What I would really like is to get HALO school right out of AIT and get attached to a group as a HALO rigger. Is this in any way possible, and if so what would be the process to get the ball rolling in that direction? I would be willing to drop RIP from my contract for an opportunity like that, if such a thing were possible.

Thanks in advance for any information.

LongWire 10-26-2007 15:56

Why in the world would you sign a 40x contract that you have no intention of following through with?

bricklayer 10-26-2007 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eight Changes (Post 186633)
I am currently attending Airborne school at Fort Benning on my way to Parachute Rigger school. I also have an OPT40 Ranger contract so RIP is scheduled for me after that. My first choice MOS was 18X but I missed the age cut off for that contract by 2 months.

My roommate here at Airborne just got out of AIT for Intel and apparently is all set up to get attached to 7th group straight from here. This started me thinking about what it takes to get attached to a group.

What I would really like is to get HALO school right out of AIT and get attached to a group as a HALO rigger. Is this in any way possible, and if so what would be the process to get the ball rolling in that direction? I would be willing to drop RIP from my contract for an opportunity like that, if such a thing were possible.

I dont know where you got the info that 30 was the age cutoff for SF but I just signed yesterday as an 11B with the 19th SFG with orders for 18X after Airborne Qualification. I am not sure what the cutoff is for active duty but I would assume it is the same as the guard. Best wishes and good luck!

The Reaper 10-26-2007 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eight Changes (Post 186633)

From your post, I don't think you know what you want to do.

No one is going to give you a MFF slot before you get to a unit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricklayer (Post 186640)
I dont know where you got the info that 30 was the age cutoff for SF but I just signed yesterday as an 11B with the 19th SFG with orders for 18X after Airborne Qualification. I am not sure what the cutoff is for active duty but I would assume it is the same as the guard. Best wishes and good luck!

You know what happens when you assume, don't you?

TR

bricklayer 10-26-2007 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper (Post 186645)

You know what happens when you assume, don't you?

TR

Yes Sir, I do now! I'm either wrong or dont have any business giving information I am not 110% sure about. Assumption is the mother of all f&%k ups!

Team Sergeant 10-27-2007 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricklayer (Post 186652)
Yes Sir, I do now! I'm either wrong or dont have any business giving information I am not 110% sure about.

That's affirmative.

See the title of the forum? It says "Special Forces Questions", if you are not a Special Forces soldier you don't post in this forum unless you're asking a question. Next time it will be through the temple.

Team Sergeant

Eight Changes 10-27-2007 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongWire (Post 186635)
Why in the world would you sign a 40x contract that you have no intention of following through with?

Good point.

I'll stick to my original plan and stop looking for alternate routes.

Eight Changes 10-27-2007 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper (Post 186645)

I must admit to some indecision.

Quote:

That being the case, it seems that I already have the best possible training pipeline.

Thanks for returning me to a proper state of mental clarity.