Professional Soldiers ®

Professional Soldiers ® (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Veterans Day, what are you planning? (http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43973)

Team Sergeant 11-10-2013 16:46

Veterans Day, what are you planning?
 
Tomorrow I'll be at a small parade on the west side of Phoenix watching the local Veterans Day Parade. I hope to engage in many conversations with all sorts of veterans!

I'll bring my green beret with me, maybe I'll get someone to call me out.....:D

Afterwards I'll come back home and make some BBQ and drink some beers. ;)

Oldrotorhead 11-10-2013 17:58

I helped load American flags on to trucks that are displayed around town about 12 day a year and tomorrow is one of the days. About 700 3X5' flags went out. Tomorrow about 8 PM lcl they get returned to storage. Non-profits make some money doing this so I like to help when I can.

twistedsquid 11-10-2013 17:58

I'm heading into work (we don't have off). Gonna repair a dog fence and remind my coworkers of the sacrifices veterans have made on their behalf. Then swinging by the VFDub and raising a glass with fellow vets. Later I'll call my Dad and tell him I love him.

Beef 11-10-2013 18:12

The same thing that I always do...lie around and recover from celebrating the Marine Corps' Birthday. :D

Actually, I'll go to work and act natural. I am having a vet bud over for steaks and beer tomorrow. We'll call some distant buds on conference call and talk beaucoup s**t. As is our custom. Happy veterans to all. Thank you all for your service.

Sdiver 11-10-2013 18:13

Heading to school, maybe piss of my Lib English professor (again :D ) by telling her how much her savior, Barry Soetoro, is nothing more than a huge jackwagon.

Then probably stop by a local Red Robin or Texas Roadhouse and take advantage of their Veteran's Day specials.

Gypsy 11-10-2013 18:23

We're having lunch since one of our coworkers is a Vet. I even managed to find a Veteran's Day card for all of us to sign, it's getting more difficult to find them.

Happy Veteran's Day to all our Vets, thank you...our debt is large.

mojaveman 11-10-2013 18:30

Being that I live just down the road from the Riverside National Cemetery I might attend the ceremonies. It's always crowded but many Veterans from all braches of the military attend. There's always a good fly-over of military aircraft too. Quit drinking 15 years ago though. :p

Happy Veterans Day to all.

tonyz 11-10-2013 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gypsy (Post 529665)
Happy Veteran's Day to all our Vets, thank you...our debt is large.

Well said...as I say to my shrinking family of Vets...we owe a debt that can never be repaid. Thank you.

cbtengr 11-10-2013 19:24

Going to put up a wreath and crosses at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Johnson County Iowa in honor of the nine boys from this area that never returned from the war, then am headed to the dedication of a new Veterans Memorial that has been placed where the old National Guard Armory used to stand. Then I will probably let some local restaurant feed me cause it's OUR special day. May the good Lord continue to bless each and every one of you!

ECUPirate09 11-10-2013 20:05

Will do the Murphy workout at the local Crossfit gym in honor of Lt. Michael P. Murphy.

Rest in Peace Sir.

Veterans: Thank you.

alelks 11-10-2013 20:19

Working. :(

MtnGoat 11-10-2013 20:30

Taking my son, daughter and her friend to the range to blow $300 in Frinkin Ammo! Show be a good day. More for the girls than my trigger time.

Daddy got teach his girl to protect herself, because a restraining order is just a piece of paper; as the saying goes.

Ret10Echo 11-10-2013 20:46

Going to make a few phone calls to former teammates....

MR2 11-10-2013 20:50

Today I had an opposition agitator cited for Interference of the distribution of election material - Max. $750 fine plus replacement costs today. Head Democrat operative actually came down and fired him and apologized. Really nice to get that JackWagon off the street. We also managed to collect 20% of the days take in signatures during all the drama.

I love the opposition, they drive more people over to sign the petition.

Tomorrow, I will forgo the free food and stand outside these restaurants doors collecting signatures to RecallHudackToo.org (Facebook/RecallHudackToo). State Senator Hudak will be the third of the Constitutional breaking, gun grabbing, money we don't have spending, constituent ignoring politicians that will will be recalled by the now awaken people of Colorado.

People who want to help out can PM me. Next weekend, one lucky volunteer will win a AR-15.

Box 11-10-2013 20:55

I will be skydiving...

craigepo 11-10-2013 21:30

Just pulled a pork butt off the grill. Tomorrow my wife is speaking at a Veterans Day deal at a local high school. Then going to fix a tree stand.

Sdiver 11-10-2013 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR2 (Post 529681)
Today I had an opposition agitator cited for Interference of the distribution of election material - Max. $750 fine plus replacement costs today. Head Democrat operative actually came down and fired him and apologized. Really nice to get that JackWagon off the street. We also managed to collect 20% of the days take in signatures during all the drama.

I love the opposition, they drive more people over to sign the petition.

Is that the video of the old guy trying to rip the CO flag out of someone's hands?

.

PSM 11-10-2013 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sdiver (Post 529689)
Is that the video of the old guy trying to rip the CO fly out of someone's hands?

.

CO has a state fly? :eek: That's worse than California.

Pat

69harley 11-10-2013 22:21

the company I work for is a sponsor for the Green Beret Pro Am Shoot. Might take a ride out to Range 37 in Dunn and check it out.

Sdiver 11-10-2013 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSM (Post 529691)
CO has a state fly? :eek: That's worse than California.

Pat

Yep. Just ask some of the fishermen around here. They'll show ya. ;)
.

BMT (RIP) 11-11-2013 05:03

Veterans Day, what are you planning?
 
Something woke me up at 0330!!
Yep no power!
Shitty way to start off your 77th birthday.

Probably go to the gym this afternoon and workout for about an hour.

BMT
VFOG

tim180a 11-11-2013 05:31

I'm the guest speaker at the local High School. I actually pulled out my beret and will probably wear it for the first time since I retired.

If my memory serves me correctly, it was the "old" guys that spoke at my high school...:D

JHD 11-11-2013 05:33

Remembering my father, RIP. I can't thank you all enough for your service

The Reaper 11-11-2013 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMT (Post 529699)
Something woke me up at 0330!!
Yep no power!
Shitty way to start off your 77th birthday.

Probably go to the gym this afternoon and workout for about an hour.

BMT
VFOG

Happy Birthday, brother!

And happy Veterans Day to all my brothers!

I hope it is a special one.

TR

MtnGoat 11-11-2013 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMT (Post 529699)
Something woke me up at 0330!!
Yep no power!
Shitty way to start off your 77th birthday.

Probably go to the gym this afternoon and workout for about an hour.

BMT
VFOG

We'll hopefully your day kicked into over drive once the sun came up. Happy Birthday!!!!

Happy Veterans Day to everyone.

adal 11-11-2013 11:23

Flying on my Helo in Tuba City, running calls and saving lives. :)

Happy Veteran's Day to all.

Beef 11-11-2013 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMT (Post 529699)
Something woke me up at 0330!!
Yep no power!
Shitty way to start off your 77th birthday.

Probably go to the gym this afternoon and workout for about an hour.

BMT
VFOG

Happy Birthday, 77 year old stud!!!:lifter:lifter:lifter

Cynic 11-11-2013 15:10

We made donations to the Green Beret Foundation and Team Rubicon in honor of all veterans. Thank you all for all you do!
And Happy Birthday BMT; don't make the young guys look too bad at the gym. :D

Gypsy 11-11-2013 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMT (Post 529699)
Something woke me up at 0330!!
Yep no power!
Shitty way to start off your 77th birthday.

Probably go to the gym this afternoon and workout for about an hour.

BMT
VFOG

Happy Birthday BMT, I hope everything got resolved.

Requiem 11-11-2013 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMT (Post 529699)
Something woke me up at 0330!!
Yep no power!
Shitty way to start off your 77th birthday.

Probably go to the gym this afternoon and workout for about an hour.

BMT
VFOG

Happy Birthday, sir. Hope it ended in a much more pleasant way. :)

Requiem 11-11-2013 19:57

My 13 y/o son canvassed the neighborhood, looking for driveways to shovel after last night's 8 inches of snow.

Ended up shoveling the very long driveway of an 88 year old veteran of the Korean war. Fred spent 4 years in the Air Force, then 20 years in the Army. Interesting fella. He used to go flying with Chuck Yeager, was a lifelong long-distance runner, and can tell stories of the wolves that used to roam our neighborhood years ago. He's the neighborhood guardian, always the first to call if there's a bear on the loose. A good guy. Just found out he has cancer. I hope he can beat it. He was very grateful for my son's offer to shovel his drive, as he can't do it any more.

God bless all our veterans. Everyone one of you has a story to tell, much like Fred's, of service and a life well-lived.

Thank you all for serving our great Nation.

Susan

echoes 11-11-2013 20:00

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BMT SIR!

To me, every day is a Veterans' Day!!!:lifter

Luv you guys, and here's to You all!

Holly

Badger52 11-11-2013 20:20

Took a vet I'd served with in a galaxy far away to pickup their first pistola and got her out on the range for some basic instruction before the front came in & the mercury plummeted. She's comin' around & realizing that she can dump 5 rounds faster than she can press 911. Took another to the groc store 'cause it was their turn to shop & cook for a week for the VA halfway house they're in here in town.

My systems are workin' pretty good & still on the right side of the grass... maybe someone'll take me to the range someday.

A good day - now some hot coffee in the President Reagan mug, a warm radio & a Morse key ought to finish it out just purrfect.

. . :D

PSM 11-11-2013 20:25

Happy Birthday, BMT! Salute! :lifter

Pat

craigepo 11-11-2013 21:07

My wife was the guest speaker at a small high school here in southern Missouri. The school had a school-wide assembly. A nearby high school Marine JROTC provided the color guard. School band played all of the songs of each branch of the military, then the choir sang several patriotic songs. My wife gave a short speech, then the VFW gave awards for a couple of writing contests. One elementary class unfurled a large banner which had a big "Thank you veterans", which was signed by the kids. I sat in front of my uncle, who was a European theatre vet.

Now listening to a high school district championship game on the radio. Pretty good day.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:03.


Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®