![]() |
Rash coused by IWB holster
I've had a Crossbreed IWB horsehide natural holster that I've worn off and on for about two years. The week before Thanksgiving I wore it full time for about 3 days on our trip to Texas. On the second day a rash started to develop on my hip. By the third day it had taken the shape of the holster and I still have it two months later. I have not worn the holster since then.
The odd thing is that it is the part of the holster that does not touch my skin because of underwear. The upper, above the belt, part that does touch my skin is not effected. It's not particularly bothersome, just weird. Any ideas? The only thing I can think of is that it may have reacted to the detergent in the clothing. Pat |
Quote:
Quit sniveling about a freaking rash. |
Quote:
Quote:
Pat |
Go commando.
Problem solved. Oh yeah. The rash is still there. A medic will be by in a minute with some stinky salve that's worse than the rash. :D |
Have you by chance either cleaned the leather or treated it?
|
Quote:
Pat |
How about your nasty, skanky, stinky body?:p
It coiuld be the soap? |
Have you by chance switched laundry detergent or fabric softener?
|
Quote:
Pat |
This may be your answer but the only way to conirm is to switch back and see if it goes away.
See we Weapons Sergeants aren't as dumb as most people think. I know I have a bigger hammer around here somewhere. :) |
Could be a psychosomatic reaction caused by guilt for carrying a weapon that holds more than 7 rounds. :D
|
Quote:
Quote:
Pat |
Quote:
Smear it with Ben Gay. When it stops burning, you'll realize it wasn't anything to snivel about before. |
Quote:
Tippy Laredo |
Quote:
|
Quote:
Is there any recommended or suggested cleaner/treatment for the leather? Cheers. |
Quote:
Pat |
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
I said, "Dude! Why don't you pad your ruck frame or something?" He said, "It keeps my mind off this." He pulled up his pants leg and his ankle was swollen to about 3 times normal size." :cool: |
Quote:
I bet if you change detergent you will not get another rash. Arm and Hammer without perfume might be an option. |
Cheers for the replies fellas!
|
Must be alergic guns.
|
Quote:
I like these http://www.whitehatholsters.com/MaxT...ide-s/1829.htm as for care... http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...ml#post2261338 Quote:
|
Quote:
Thanks! Pat |
Quote:
It was that or panty hose. :D |
Quote:
Pat |
Natural material holster.
PSM,
The tanning elements in holster leather can be a skin irritant. If you wore the holser in Tx, and conditions were hot or if you just sweat for what ever reason, the sweat can soak through clothing, onto the holster and reactivate those tanning elements. The clothing is a two way street. Maybe the rash was a reaction from the tanning elements. Just a thought for future use. |
Quote:
Pat |
| All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:29. |
Copyright 2004-2026 by Professional Soldiers ®